www.heslb.go.tz 2021/2022 | HESLB Bodi ya mkopo Tanzania
(www.heslb.go.tz 2021/2022) The Higher Education Students’ Loans Board (HESLB) is a body corporate established under Act No.9 of 2004 (as amended in 2007, 2014 and 2016) with the objective of assisting needy and eligible Tanzania students to access loans and grants for higher education. The main mandates of HESLB include: To assist, on a loan basis, needy students who secure admission in accredited higher learning institutions, but who have no economic power to pay for the costs of their education, To collect due loans from loan beneficiaries and use it as revolving fund to sustain operations of the Board and To create synergies through establishing strategic partnerships in student financing ecosystem.
Functions of HESLB Tanzania (www.heslb.go.tz 2021/2022)
- Assume control and management of loanable funds
- Formulate mechanisms for determining eligibility of students for loans
- Administer and supervise disbursement and repayment of loans offered since 1994
- Issue loans to eligible and needy Higher Education Students
- Keep and maintain the register and other records of loan beneficiaries and amounts granted to them
- Collect repayments for all loans issued to students since 1994 so as to re-lend the funds to other needy Tanzanian students
- Advise the Minister on policy and legal matters related to issuance and recovery of loans to students
- Establish operational linkages between the Board, higher learning institutions, loan beneficiaries and employers for effective issuance and recovery of loanable funds
- Establish and maintain cooperative network between the Board and other local and international stakeholders in higher education, be it Government or non- government institutions
- Conduct research and maintain a databank on other local and external scholarships, sponsorships and awards that may be accessed by Tanzania students
- Perform any other duties conferred by the Board or under the Act or any other written laws.
About Loan Application 2021/2022 (www.heslb.go.tz 2021/2022)
HESLB executes one of the key mandates in administering loans to students pursuing higher education. Every year, the Board prepares the Loan Application almanac to guide on the process of loan issuance to needy and eligible students. As per the almanac, Loan Application Window opens once annually. Both undergraduate and postgraduate students who are eligible are invited to apply.
Criteria on eligibility and the application process is stipulated in the Loan Application Guideline for the respective year which can be downloaded on this site. Prospective applicants are encouraged to read the guidelines carefully, prepare the prerequisites and make their application online through the Online Application and Management System (OLAMS).The loan application process is denoted as below
To read 2021/2022 application guidelines and criteria for issuance of loans and grants, click here
Online Application (OLAMS) though www.heslb.go.tz 2021/2022 login
HESLB Loan application is done online through OLAMS System. This system enable each students to send their applications. To Send The application in OLAMS Follow the following steps
- Read and understand the Loan Application Guideline for the respective year
- Prepare all the attachments to support their applications (birth certificates, academic certificates, national IDs etc)
- Ensure all documents are certified by relevant authorities
- Complete and submit their applications online through OLAMS and a copy by EMS
- Visit here
- Visit this website for updates on their application
Loan Allocation (Majina ya waliopata Mkopo 2021) www.heslb.go.tz 2021/2022
HESLB after the conduct of screening exercise on the Online Loan Application they announce the list of loan beneficiaries for academic year 2021/22( HESLB Majina ya waliopata Mkopo 2021) , But before announcing the list student should log in in the account to check if the information provided during application is correct.
After all process the list of Name allocated for loan 2021(Majina ya waliopata mkopo 2021) will be announced through media like in (assengaonline.com) or by visiting (www.heslb.go.tz) and HESLB social media which are Twitter Instagram and Facebook.
The Higher Education Students Loans Board (HESLB) is tasked by its establishing Act, under Section 7(i) to recover all the due loans extended for former students since July 1994 so that the same money can be used to lend other students, thus rendering the loans scheme sustainable and ensuring a revolving fund.