Samia scholarship 2022/2023. The Ministry of Education, Science and Technology has established a Scholarship program called SAMIA SCHOLARSHIP. This funding is new in this country for undergraduate studies for students who achieved high success in the Sixth Form examinations in 2022 conducted by the Tanzania Examinations Council (NECTA) in Science Specializations (PCB, PCM, PGM, CBG, CBA , PMC and CBN).
Samia scholarship 2022/2023
SAMIA SCHOLARSHIP will cover one hundred percent (100%) of University tuition for those students who have received admission in the fields of Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Medicine.
QUALIFICATIONS TO GET FUNDING
This scholarship will be awarded to sixth form graduates with the following qualifications:
- Be a Tanzanian;
- Have a high performance in the sixth form national exams in 2022 conducted by NECTA in science specialties;
- He/she has received admission in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics or Medicine programs at University in this country recognized by the Government that are mentioned in the first group (Cluster 1) in the Higher Education Student Loans Board’s Loan Guide for the year 2022/2023 available through heslb.go,tz
- He has applied for funding correctly in the prescribed manner;
Funding will adhere to Higher Education Loans Board standards and guidelines to cover the following areas:
- Tuition Fee
- Food and accommodation allowance
- Books and Stationery Allowance
- Special Faculty Requirements
- Practical Training
- Assistive devices for students with special needs
- Health Insurance
Students who will be sponsored, will be covered between three (03) to five (05) years depending on the respective programs they were admitted to.
Samia scholarship online application
HOW TO APPLY | FUNDING APPLICATION PROCEDURE
Samia Scholarship applications will be submitted to the Higher Education Student Loans Board online https://olas.heslb.go.tz for 14 days from September 28, 2022.
The student who will receive the SAMIA SCHOLARSHIP will be responsible for complying with the following conditions:
- He should read, understand and sign the Scholarship Agreement between himself and the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology;
- He should have a bank account for the money to be paid directly.
- The Beneficiary will not be allowed to change the study program he received funding without a written approval letter from the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology;
- The beneficiary will not be allowed to postpone studies, except for health reasons, and confirmed by the relevant college;
- If the beneficiary cancels the scholarship opportunity before starting the studies, he/she must submit a written notification to:
Ministry of Education, Science and Technology,
Government Town, Mtumba Area, Health Street,
40479 DODOMA, TANZANIA.
If the beneficiary’s grade point average drops below a 3.8 GPA during the academic year, funding will be terminated;
The beneficiary should register in the Students Management System available through https://scholarships.moe.go.tz/
IMPORTANT TO NOTE:
This funding is for one hundred percent whose limit will be based on the guidelines of the Higher Education Student Loans Board.
The list of names of the relevant students is available through www.moe.go.tz and www.heslb.go.tz
Passing marks: 3-5 (ME), 3-6 (KE) and 5-9 (with special needs)