Developer Relations Engineer Android Jobs at Google Nairobi Kenya 2022
About the job
Passionate people are everywhere at Google. In Developer Relations, we get excited to collaborate and connect with the communities that love technology as much as we do. Part community manager and part developer advocate, Developer Programs Engineers collaborate with developers at conferences and online, and advocate for developers interests internally at Google.
Not afraid to be hands-on, you write sample code and client libraries as well as participate in developer forums and support queues to troubleshoot and debug coding problems developers encounter. Internally, you work with product engineering teams improve our products by conveying feedback from developers, reviewing API designs and testing new features. Chrome, Android, App Engine, HTML5 as well as our core Google Apps and Ads APIs are just some of the platforms you promote and support.
With your technical expertise, you drive strategy around fostering a community of developers who work with Google technologies. An ardent advocate for these developers, you represent their voice internally to our Product Managers and serve as their Google support in application development and technology implementation.
Android is Google’s open-source mobile operating system powering more than 3 billion devices worldwide. Android is about bringing computing to everyone in the world. We believe computing is a super power for good, enabling access to information, economic opportunity, productivity, connectivity between friends and family and more. We think everyone in the world should have access to the best computing has to offer. We provide the platform for original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and developers to build compelling computing devices (smartphones, tablets, TVs, wearables, etc) that run the best apps/services for everyone in the world.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent practical experience
- Experience managing the planning cycle for an organization with cross-functional engagement and prioritization
- Experience with Android development in Kotlin and/or Java
- Experience working with third-parties or partners
- Experience in the Android community
- Experience in developer relations and/or with teaching
- Experience with writing blogs and/or articles
- Ability to speak in a public forum
- Collaborate with product teams across Android and Google Play to help developers use the features, tools, and APIs.
- Assess developer challenges and advocate for developers by partnering with engineering and product teams.
- Produce developer resources such as sample code, codelabs, documentation for APIs, tools, and provide early feedback to product teams to help ensure these features are developer friendly.
- Create content including tutorials, screencasts, videos, blog posts, podcasts, and more.
- Interact with developers in the region, through events, community forums, and social media.