Volunteers at UDSM Buddy Program 2021
International students Buddy Program. The University of Dar es Salaam through the Directorate of Internationalization, Convocation and Advancement invites applications from UDSM continuing students to participate in the new buddy program for the 2021/2022
The University of Dar es Salaam is the oldest and biggest public university in Tanzania. It is situated on the western side of the city of Dar es Salaam, occupying 1,625 acres on the observation hill, 13 kilometers from the city Centre. It was established on 1st July 1970, through parliament act no. 12 of 1970 and all the enabling legal instruments of the constituent colleges.
What is a UDSM Buddy Program 2021?
It is a volunteer-based program that pairs continuing host students (Tanzanian) with newly admitted foreign students at the University of Dar es Salaam. It aims to integrate international students into UDSM/Tanzania way of life. The program provides a great opportunity to local and international students to share experiences and create an ever lasting bond.
Who is eligible to participate UDSM Buddy Program 2021?
Any continuing UDSM student is eligible to participate in this buddy program.
- Full-time enrolled UDSM undergraduate student (be in second, third/final year)
- Excellent written and verbal communications (In both English and Kiswahili)
- An open mind with ability to respond to student questions in a timely manner and provide relevant transition information to incoming international students
- Cultural sensitivity (awareness of the international perspective and willingness to work with a diverse group of international students)
- Enthusiastic and committed
- Complete a mandatory training for intercultural competence before beginning of the semester.
- Contact and interact with assigned buddy through the contact information they provide, both before they arrive and in person once they are here.
- Fully participate during the Orientation Week (Monday 01st – Saturday 06th November, 2021)
- Keep in touch with your buddy for the entire semester.
Benefits to volunteers
- Reasonable food & transport allowance (For all 6 days during Orientation Week)
- An opportunity to improve your foreign language skills
- International contacts and intercultural experiences
- Connection to Volunteering & Internship Opportunities
- A certificate for your voluntary support
- End of Semester Award (for best performers)
- Free chance to join the SDG Student Hub
How to apply
If you wish to apply, please follow the link below to access the application form and submit you application online: buddy.udsm.ac.tz
The application deadline will be on
Monday – 4th October 2021
For more information Visit official Webpage Call for applications of volunteers, International students Buddy Program