Wizara ya elimu Tanzania announce Russian State Scholarship program 2022/2023
1.0 Call for Application
The General public is hereby informed that the Russian State Scholarship programme for 2022/2023 is now open for eligible Tanzanians to undertake Bachelor degree, Master’s or PhD studies in Russian Universities in all fields of study.
Interested candidates are highly encouraged to create their profile by registering on the site https://education-in-russia.com and then start the application by filling in all the fields of the online application form. For more information related to Educational programs of Russian Universities for foreign students visit the following link: https://studyinrussia.ru/en/
2.0 Application requirements
Applicants must fulfil the following criteria:
- Have a Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (CSEE) and Advanced Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (ACSEE) with a minimum pass of C in each subject;
- Have a Diploma with a GPA of not less than 3.5 in related fields;
- Completed ACSEE or Diploma not more than three years ago;
- Hold a Bachelor of Art/ Bachelor of Science degree with at least upper second class division level (Masters applicants);
- Hold a Master degree (PhD applicants);
- Have attended the Russian language courses at the Russian Centre of Science and Culture for at least six months during the application process; and
- Must be less than 25 years (undergraduate applicants).
3.0. Scholarship coverage
This scholarship is a partial scholarship which covers only tuition fees. Other costs which are covered by the student or his/her parent(s)/ guardian(s) include:
- Travel expenses USD 500 (one way);
- Living expenses which ranges from USD 150 to 400 per month;
- Accommodation USD 160 per year;
- Medical insurance USD 160 per year; and
- Local transport approximately USD 10 per month.
NB: There is no loan or grant from the Government of Tanzania for candidates who will be offered this Scholarship.
4.0. List of documents to be submitted
The following are list of documents to be included in the application package:
- Certified copies of academic certificates and transcripts;
- Scanned copies of passport and/ or passport biodata page and other documents containing information about the applicant and their current resident status.
- A Copy of Birth Certificate Certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- AFFIDAVITY if you noticed that your full names differ in your documents
- Application form attached with 3×4 cm photo.
- 8 colored passport size photos (4×6 cm)
- All the above listed documents should be translated into Russian.
- All certified copies of documents and their translations must be legalized and certified at the Consular section of the Russian Embassy.
5.0 Application process and submission
- All Applications are completed online.
- After completing the application process, submit the application by clicking the green button by November 1st 2021 (24.00hrs) East Africa Time. Incomplete application and application submitted through other channels or Authority will not be considered.
- For questions and clarification contact: