Regional Maternal and child health manager jobs at MDH Tanzania
POSITION: REGIONAL MATERNAL AND CHILD HEALTH MANAGER (1 POST)
REPORTS TO: REGIONAL PROJECT MANAGER
Position Summary: The Regional Maternal and Child Health Manager is MDH’s overall regional technical expert in all matters pertaining to reproductive, maternal, new born and child health (RMNCH) programs and services. She/ He provides technical leadership and oversight of RMNCH related programs and services-including reproductive and child health, couple HIV testing at antenatal clinic, prevention of mother-to-child transmission of HIV, Early Infant Diagnosis of HIV, as well as Pediatric, adolescent and youth HIV care – in collaboration with other program and government staff at the region, relevant ministries and MDH HQ.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Lead and oversee planning, implementation, M&E and reporting of PMTCT, EID, Paediatric ART and relevant RMNCH services under the Afya Kwanza project, in her/his respective region.
2. Lead implementation of key program initiatives in her/his unit – to address program, donor and national priorities such as index HIV testing, Option B+, male involvement, tracking of mother-infant pairs, follow up of EID results and accelerating children’s treatment (ACT) in line with national guidelines.
3. Provide training to the R/DMOs, R/DACCs, R/DRCHCos, CHMTs and HFs in planning, implementation, M&E and reporting of PMTCT, EID, Paediatric ART and related RMNCH programs and services.
4. Conduct needs assessment, on PMTCT, EID, Paediatric ART & RMNCH programs and services in her/his region, and organize efforts to address these needs including capacity building and health system strengthening in collaboration with the RPM, R/DACCs and R/DRCHCos.
5. Ensure timely collection and submission of PMTCT, EID, Paediatric ART and RMNCH data as well as support strengthening of the related M&E systems in collaboration with the M&Eteam.
6. Lead efforts to robustly analyse & utilize PMTCT, EID, Paediatric ART & RMNCH data to inform plans, priorities and resource allocation and write reports, best practices and lessons learned for wider dissemination.
7. Lead efforts to identify gaps in PMTCT, EID, Paediatric ART and RMNCH; design and implement operational research (OR), PHE, secondary data analyses and CQI initiatives to address the gaps.
8. Implement and manage a robust capacity building program, for PMTCT, EID, Paediatric ART and RMNCH HCPs; capitalizing on supportive supervision, mentorship and on-job training in line with national guidelines.
9. Supervise program staff under her/him in her/his respective region.
10. Actively participate in writing technical program documents including project proposals, work-plans, reports, best practices, lessons learned and other relevant documents, as required by the RPM.
11. Support and advise the RPM on all PMTCT, EID, Paediatric ART and RMNCH issues and perform other relevant duties as assigned by the RPM. 12. Perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor. Requirements: Education, Work
Experience and Skills:
1. Medical Doctor degree with current registration from the Medical Council ofTanzania.
2. Master’s degree in Public Health or related field is an added advantage.
3. At least 3 years of experience working in public health programs/services.
4. At least 3 years of experience in design, implementation, management and M&E of PMTCT, EID, Paediatric ART, RMNCH or related clinical and public health programs and services.
5. Experience in using CQI, PHE and OR techniques to address public health challenges.
6. Excellent command of Swahili and English languages, in written and oral communication.
7. Experience in basic computer applications such as MS Word, Excel, Power point and internet.
8. Ability to work under pressure and stringent deadlines.
Interested candidates should submit an application letter indicating clearly the position applied for, a detailed copy of their CV, and names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work related referees.
Applications should be submitted by 13th May 2022, to the Director of Human Resource through email firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Please note MDH don’t have any recruitment agents and don’t charge any fees to the interested candidates