www.gdeadmissions.gov.za registration online 2023 schools
www.gdeadmissions.gov.za registration online 2023 schools. online registration for grade 1 2023 Gauteng school, The Gauteng Department of Education is mandated to provide compulsory basic education to all learners in the province progressively. On the 22nd of July online admissions open in Gauteng for Grades 1 and 8. This is a project that we’re proud to power, increasing automation and digitisation within the and simplifying registration processes for parents.
www.gdeadmissions.gov.za registration online 2023 schools |
Frequently asked questions: www.gdeadmissions.gov.za registration online 2023 schools, the list below is mostly sked questions and Answers
When is the Department of Education’s Admission Online Application System opening for parents to apply to Grade 1 and /or Grade 8 for the 2022 academic year?
The online application period for learners to be admitted to schools in Grade 1 and / or Grade 8 in 2023 opens at 08:00 on 22 July 2022 and closes on 19 August 2022.
- How do I complete an application?
Log on to www.gdeadmissions.gov.za and click on create a username and password and then Register your details. The System will guide you through each one of the 5 steps to make an application. Please keep the username and password for future use.
- Where can I go to apply to Grade 1 or Grade 8 if I do not have a computer or internet at home?
You may go to any school, or District Office in your area to be assisted to make an application online. Some community or church halls in the community will also be used as Admissions Centres to help parents to make applications
- When will I know about the outcome of my application after applying to schools?
Parents will receive offers of placement via SMS from 3 October 2022 up to 15 December 2021
- What will happen if I do not receive an offer of placement via SMS?
- What if I do not receive an offer of placement for my child?
- Will my child be placed in a High School that offers my preferred Language of Teaching?
- Will applicants who apply first be placed first?
- Do I have to apply on the first day when the System opens to ensure that my child is placed first?
- Do I have to apply for Grade 1 for my child that is currently in Grade R in a public school?
Yes. Grade R learners are not automatically progressed to Grade 1 at their current school
- Will I be allowed to apply to a public school for Grade 1 if my child is not in Grade R in any school?
- How old should my child be to be admitted to Grade 1 in 2023?
- Will I be able to apply to Grade 1 for my child that is older than six?
- Is there an age limit to apply to Grade 8?
- Can I apply for my friend’s child or my sister’s / brother’s child?
- Can I use the GDE Admissions Online System to apply to schools in other provinces?
- Can I apply online from a province outside Gauteng?
- Will the Department provide Admission Application user manuals to parents?
- Will parents from different households be able to apply for the same learner?
- How do I know that my application is complete?
- Step 1: Register Personal Details
- Step 2: Register Address Details
- Step 3: Register Learner Details
- Step 4: Apply to a School
- Step 5: Upload / Submit Documents
When your application is complete, you will receive an SMS with a reference number and a Thank You message. The same will be displayed on the System and stored on your profile. Please save this reference number for later use
- Municipal Account / Invoice, such as water, electricity or rates invoice in the Name and Surname of parent with whom the child lives (less than 3 months old)
- Lease agreement signed by both the landlord / landlady and the occupant and reflecting that lease period which includes occupation at the time of making the application. Lease agreements must reflect the name of the applicant as a tenant. Lease agreements must be accompanied by the municipal account of the landlord.
I have lost my cell phone / changed my cell phone number. I now have a new cell phone number. How can I update it on the system after I made an application?
- Log into your account with the username and password that you created. Click on My Profile. Click on edit cell phone number. Make the necessary changes.
- An academic report is only required if you apply to Grade 8. Obtain the child’s most recent academic report from the school where the child is currently in Grade 7. This is required to verify the grade that the child has last passed