Gauteng education covid 19 response bus conductors programme, Gauteng education bus conductors programme, Recruitment of Unemployed Youth for the Gauteng Education Bus Contractors Programme.
Former beneficiaries of the Youth Brigade and PYEI programmes may apply but priority will be given to applicants that have not yet benefitted from the programme. We are trying to give as many young people as possible the opportunity to earn and income and gain experience.
Recruitment of Unemployed Youth for the Gauteng Education Bus Contractors Programme
What are the duties of a Bus Conductor?
The main responsibility of the bus conductors is to ensure the safety and security of learners during transit from home to school and vice-versa.
- Manage queues at pick- up points
- Ensure buses are clean when picking up learners
- Provide reports on any non-compliance issues
- Must also observe conditions of buses, tires, discs and any safety related issue and report this to the monitor or principal
How much will Bus Conductors be paid?
- A stipend of R3500 will be paid monthly via the school you are allocated to.
- All payment and contracting queries should be directed to your school and allocated principle / leader or manager.
What is the age restriction?
18 – 34 years old, but there are limited opportunities for the over 35, the schools with those opportunities will advertise this at the schools and applicants should enquire about the application process at those specific schools.
Can I drop off my CV at a school near me?
No, only applicants that apply on sayouth.mobi or tshepo.datafree.co will be considered.
How to apply for bus conductor programme positions
- STEP 1: Go to sayouth.mobi
- STEP 2: In the search bar, type in “bus conductor” or search for the name of the school closest to you
- STEP 3. You must apply only for schools within 5KM from home (or 30KM for farm schools) Your applications won’t be considered if you live further away. Note that some schools have the same name so also check the school address
- CALL our toll-free support line on 0800 72 72 72, Mon- Fri, 9AM to 4:30PM
- EMAIL us at email@example.com if you have questions
You can also DM us on our Facebook page @SAYouth.mobi, don’t forget to follow, like and share our page with your friends and family for updates and opportunities.