Financial Controller Jobs at Unilever Tanzania
Financial Controller Jobs at Unilever Tanzania
- Job ID: R-62223
- Category: Finance
- Location: Mufindi, Iringa
- Date posted: 04/17/2023
Unilever is an organization committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
To undertake all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecast preparation, as well as development of risk management and internal control policies and procedures.
- Do business partnering with Procurement department in purchasing saving, improvement on credit terms and effective sourcing of suppliers.
- Do financial reporting on a monthly basis as per ekaterra Guidelines and deadlines.
- Do business partnering with Customer service and operations manager.
- Update IAS4I (now IAS 16) valuation of biological assets quarterly in line with guidelines.
- Validate all suppliers and contractors’ invoices, check if approved as per authority limits & in the with contracts and ensure posted timely into the ledger.
- Validate all supporting documentation for payments eg GRNs and LPOs and ensure approval is as per authority limits
- Verify all payments are made as per credit terms for all suppliers and contractors.
- Compile and review weekly and monthly aged analysis report and submit to Finance Manager.
- Review a monthly supplier and contractor payment plan and provide weekly updates against the plan
- Manage Tea Stocks, Sales, Debtors including sundry debtors and Creditors.
- Assist the Customer service and operations manager on managing Central stores stocks and the rest of eTTL stores.
- Ensure receivables and stocks reconciliations are done on a monthly basis, any variance is reported and re-solved.
- Ensure monthly reconciliations are done for all Main suppliers and contractors and a Quarterly reconciliation is done for all suppliers and contractors.
- Review provisions and accruals before posting into the ledger and ensure monthly reconciliations are done.
- Validate a monthly sales forecast number to ensure forecasted numbers do make sense and achievable within the month.
- Project Appraisal and building the Business cases and ensure that all projects are being approved before spending.
- Taking lead in Capex forecasting and external capex reporting.
- Build capacity among all project teams and participate in regular project, meetings to track spend update partners.
- Ensure eTTL internal and group controls/polices are being adhered to and followed all the time eg. Fuel management policy, travel policy, medical, staff advances etc.
- Conduct trainings on best practice accounting procedures to the finance team and accounts/store clerk sat factories and estates. Do a spot audit on various items and ensure compliance of the procedures/controls.
- Ensure Assets tagging and stock counting exercise are being done twice a year and reports are signed and approved.
- Ensure capitalization of assets are being done timely and a review of AR reconciliation is performed on a monthly basis.
- Authorize and release online payments.
- Provide information and explanations for internal and external auditors.
- Set targets for direct reports.
- Perform any other duty assigned by the Finance Manager
- Implements employee establishment in QA.
- To facilitate the implementation of all company policies, regulations, guidelines, and standards such as social, financial and Ekaterra Code of Business Principles among others.
- Safety, Health & Environment & RA
- Implement Safety, Health & Environmental management systems as per Ekaterra standards and legislation within the area of responsibility.
- Coordinate implementation of standard operating procedures, specific work instructions and ensure compliance and collate proposals for reviews.
- Implement agreed welfare programs and attend planned meetings ensuring completion of agreed actions.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Bachelor’s degree in accounting 3 to 5 years’ experience in Accounting Professionals Experience in people management Better than average written and spoken communication skills.
Outstanding interpersonal relationship building.
Employee coaching and development skills.
Should meet expectations of the ekaterra CHOICE Values relevant to this work level.