Drivers at Christian Social Services Commission (CSSC) Tanzania May, 2023
- Job title: Drivers
- Direct Supervisor: Assistant Project officer
- Location: Morogoro, Arusha
CSSC has been awarded a 5-years Grant by U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) to implement the project knows as Comprehensive Child Centered Care and Services (C4S). The overall goal of the project is to ensure health facilities in priority areas provide high quality integrated pediatric HIV services and that children and adolescents are able to access comprehensive health and other services. Specifically, this project will provide technical assistance to end mother-to-child- transmission of HIV (eMTCT) by supporting pregnant and breastfeeding women (PBFW) and their HIV-exposed infants (HEI), close the HIV treatment gap for children and adolescents living with HIV (C/ALHIV) and drive TB elimination and well-being for C/ALHIV in Tanzania.
The project will ensure the continued delivery of HIV services for PBFW, HEI, and C/ALHIV at two pediatric centers of excellence (COE) and support these COEs to serve as hubs for service delivery and clinical capacity building. This project will advance support to the National AIDS Control Programme (NACP) and the National Tuberculosis and Leprosy Programme (NTLP) to end HIV and TB among children and adolescents aged 0-19 years old and inform policy decisions and discussions at the national level with the Ministry of Health, and other key stakeholders and will coordinate implementation
This position is responsible for carrying out duties as a driver, effectively and efficiently, observing all current CSSC vehicle policy and procedures. The driver will also be responsible for ensuring safety of the passengers, vehicle and the tools assigned to him/her and devising ways and maintaining high fuel efficiency and low maintenance costs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Carry out preventive maintenance checks of assigned vehicle(s) as per CSSC’s prescribed checklist.
- Ensure that the assigned vehicle(s) is road-ready and has sufficient fuel and levels of oil for daily use.
- Carry out all driving tasks as needed by the office and as assigned by the supervisor and as per vehicle request approved form.
- Observe the specified speed limits at all times
- Bring to the immediate attention of the supervisor any and all minor/major defects that have happened or been notice during the day or accidents that have happened that day. Present to the supervisor in writing the details of any accident by checking and filling vehicle report form in every Monday of each week.
- Record daily trips, fuel consumption, mileage, and timings in the “log book” provided for the assigned vehicle.
- Record all servicing and repairs both KM for service, next service and total cost of that service received in the log book provided for the assigned vehicle.
- Under any circumstance when the drivers are out of the office either after working hours or within the working hours the driver is supposed to place the car keys to the supervisor.
- Ensure the safe parking; whenever possible when the vehicle is on duty, vehicle is on the way at night, during breakdowns and when it is not in use.
- In collaboration with the Assistant Administrative Officer carry out the monthly check-ups.
- Drive staff on short and long trips as per daily C4S-Project requests.
- Maintain and adhere to road traffic policies and procedures as per Tanzania Government laws.
- Immediately notify his/her superior as well as the local authorities in case of any accident in which he/she is involved.
- At all times, implement established safety and security measures/procedures.
- Assure the confidentiality of dispatches delivered or received and that all such dispatches are recorded correctly
- Carry out work responsibilities in such a way so as to promote the image and work of CSSC
- Ensure all necessary vehicle documents (e.g. insurance, registration documents, etc.) are present in the vehicle and up to date.
- Keep track of the scheduled service time of the vehicle, in order to make sure that servicing is performed in time.
- Accurately fill in the vehicle log book with details of each journey
- Take care of vehicles tools and cleanliness.
- Ensure that assigned vehicle is completely equipped with a First Aid Kit, spare tire, working flashlight and batteries, vehicle jack, wheel brace and a tool kit (spanner, wrench, tyre, removers, patch kit, etc). Collect and deliver mail, documents, and other items;
- Optimize use of the vehicle; assist in the registration of new vehicles, renewal of insurance, road licenses, etc
- Ensure that all passengers use seat belts and secure any loose load.
- Ensure vehicle is clean
- Undertake any other duty as will be assigned by the supervisor
- Secondary School Education Certificate
- Class C Driving License
- Certificate from National Institute of Transport or any other recognized Institute of driving and Motor Vehicle Maintenance.
Experience and Skills
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working as a driver in the NGO/FBO, Government sectors etc.
- Mechanic skills
- Firm belief in teamwork, gender equality
- Good command of English language
- High levels of creativity
- Sense of/awareness to security
The deadline for submitting the application is 26 May, 2023.