Project Assistant job at Christian Social Services Commission (CSSC) Tanzania May, 2023
- Job title: Project Assistant
- Direct Supervisor: Finance and Administration Director
- Location: Dar es Salaam
CSSC has been awarded a 5-years Grant by U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) to implement the project knows as Comprehensive Child Centered Care and Services (C4S). The overall goal of the project is to ensure health facilities in priority areas provide high quality integrated pediatric HIV services and that children and adolescents are able to access comprehensive health and other services. Specifically, this project will provide technical assistance to end mother-to-child- transmission of HIV (eMTCT) by supporting pregnant and breastfeeding women (PBFW) and their HIV-exposed infants (HEI), close the HIV treatment gap for children and adolescents living with HIV (C/ALHIV) and drive TB elimination and well-being for C/ALHIV in Tanzania.
The project will ensure the continued delivery of HIV services for PBFW, HEI, and C/ALHIV at two pediatric centers of excellence (COE) and support these COEs to serve as hubs for service delivery and clinical capacity building. This project will advance support to the National AIDS Control Programme (NACP) and the National Tuberculosis and Leprosy Programme (NTLP) to end HIV and TB among children and adolescents aged 0-19 years old and inform policy decisions and discussions at the national level with the Ministry of Health, and other key stakeholders and will coordinate implementation
The Assistant Project officer will directly be reporting to and supervised by the Finance and Administration Officer. The Assistant project officer will provide high-level administrative management to attain the goal of C4S project, working with consortium members and COE’s, government institutions, vendors, customers and service providers. S/he assist in providing capacity building to staff for all aspects related to project management of the project that enhances provision of good administrative services to the organization.
Assistants project Administration tasks
- Properly maintaining of project management files
- Travel arrangement both local and international
- Manage vehicle fueling
- Manage vehicle repairs
- Manage the car tracking system
- Supervise and mentor project drivers
- Procurement and logistics arrangement
- Answering incoming calls; taking messages and re-directing calls as required
- Dealing with email enquiries
- Taking minutes
- Diary management and arranging appointments, booking meeting rooms and conference facilities
- General office management such as ordering stationary
- Organizing travel and accommodation for staff and customers
- Arranging both internal and external events
- Possibly maintaining the company social media accounts
- Providing administration support of the project inventory.
- Maximum requirement is a bachelor’s degree in administration related courses
- Minimum of diploma in business administration
- Experience of at least 5 years in providing administrative services to donor funded programs.
- Experience in donor funds administration of the USAID, PEPFAR Grants
- Understanding of local contract and procurement law
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written Kiswahili and English
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills
- Ability of planning and time management skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to make a presentation
- Ability to problem-solve difficult issues
- Ability to multitask with ease, adapting to frequently changing priorities
- Good negotiating and conflict resolution skills
- Effective written and oral communications skills that are essential to building relationships with donors, host country counterparts, and partner organizations.
- Ability to exercise sound business judgment to wisely prioritize and successfully perform multiple and complex tasks.
- Highly organized and able to develop and streamline systems for efficient conduct of day-to-day tasks.
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in excel, word, outlook, and graphic/web design.
The deadline for submitting the application is 26 May, 2023.