2 Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Officer at Christian Social Services Commission (CSSC) Tanzania 2023
Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Officer at Christian Social Services Commission (CSSC) Tanzania 2023
- Job title: MEL Officer
- Direct Supervisor: MEL Lead
- Location: Dar es Salaam
CSSC has been awarded a 5-years Grant by U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) to implement the project knows as Comprehensive Child Centered Care and Services (C4S). The overall goal of the project is to ensure health facilities in priority areas provide high quality integrated pediatric HIV services and that children and adolescents are able to access comprehensive health and other services. Specifically, this project will provide technical assistance to end mother-to-child- transmission of HIV (eMTCT) by supporting pregnant and breastfeeding women (PBFW) and their HIV-exposed infants (HEI), close the HIV treatment gap for children and adolescents living with HIV (C/ALHIV) and drive TB elimination and well-being for C/ALHIV in Tanzania.
The project will ensure the continued delivery of HIV services for PBFW, HEI, and C/ALHIV at two pediatric centers of excellence (COE) and support these COEs to serve as hubs for service delivery and clinical capacity building. This project will advance support to the National AIDS Control Programme (NACP) and the National Tuberculosis and Leprosy Programme (NTLP) to end HIV and TB among children and adolescents aged 0-19 years old and inform policy decisions and discussions at the national level with the Ministry of Health, and other key stakeholders and will coordinate implementation
He/she will be responsible to provide expertise in monitoring, evaluation and learning of C4S project activities.
- The Monitoring and Evaluation (MEL) Officer will be responsible for the follow-up and monitoring the implementation of the C4S project and will report directly to Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Lead (MEL Lead).
- Assist MEL Lead in developing and strengthening MEL systems of C4S Project;
- Develop and monitor data collection tools/ instruments for qualitative and quantitative C4S indicators;
- Facilitate collection, analysis aggregation and use of data for improvements in implementation of C4S activities;
- Build capacity of data collection and entry personnel in the two centres of excellences on C4S monitoring systems through on the site training.
- Participate in periodic data quality assessment activities to track progress in data management at 11 Regional Hospitals and COEs.
- Carry out supportive supervision, onsite mentoring and coaching to health facilities staffs from COEs using appropriate tools according to the CSSC operational manual and an agreed work plan;
- Monitor quality of data received from the Health facilities and other implementing partners and use information to identify quality strengthen strategies and give feedback to the project team and management of health facilities.
- Collect and prepare monthly, quarterly, semiannual and annual C4S project performance reports;
- Take lead in soliciting and documenting successes, challenges, best practices and lessons learned from the field sites and inform the projects;
- Carry out any other assignments as may be required by the immediate supervisor.
- A degree in Computer Science, Statistics or equivalent. Master’s in public health or Monitoring and Evaluation will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge in various statistical data packages including Epi info, Stata, etc is very essential
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- 3 years’ experience in project monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Good strategic, analytical, problem-solving, and systems thinking skills with the capacity to see the big picture and the ability to make sound judgment.
- Presentation, facilitation, training, mentoring, and coaching skills
- Previous work experience in M&E in HIV related interventions.
- Should be computer literate with proficiency in data management and processing.
- Experience in planning and facilitating trainings
- Excellent research, coding, and analytical abilities.
The deadline for submitting the application is 26 May, 2023.