Technician 1- Condition Monitoring at Geita Gold Mining Limited (GGML). Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of Northwestern Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s Southeast of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Technician 1- Condition Monitoring at Geita Gold Mining Limited (GGML)
- Position: Technician 1- Condition Monitoring
- Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time contract
- Department: Engineering
- Re Reporting to: Engineer 2 – Reliability.
- Number of Positions: One (1)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
To Assist underground equipment Reliability Engineer to deliver targets set through condition monitoring activities. Dedicate all the effort in ensuring that the Mobile and fixed equipment are reliable by providing an onsite day to day monitoring on key components for maintenance strategic decision making. The Ultimate output of this role is to monitor mobile and fixed equipment onsite by providing and implementing equipment reliability strategy through condition monitoring programs, you will be reporting directly to Reliability Engineer.
- Technical school graduate or equivalent.
- Diploma in Mechanical/Automobile engineering or above is added advantage.
- GGML is an equal opportunity employer: Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
- Minimum 1 year experience in mining industry preferably Assert Reliability monitoring with key focus on both Fixed and Heavy Mobile Plant.
- Knowledge in reliability engineering courses vibration analysis, infrared thermograph etc.
MAI MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Set up a mechanical/Electrical- predictive maintenance program including vibration analysis, infrared Thermograph, precision alignment and Ultrasound Testing, Dye Penetrant Testing Inspection, Magnetic Particle Inspection, interpreting oil results due analysis.
- Determine the appropriate test procedure(s) for various pieces of equipment.
- Enter equipment nameplate and bearing information into system.
- Monitors equipment used in Mining industry both Fixed and mobile equipment.
- Ability to use various Monitoring equipment including computerized vibration data collector thermography camera, sound analyzer, ultrasonic thickness gauge etc.
- Ability to perform inspection of components using MPI, LPI and Ultrasonic Flaw detection.
- Assists in balancing and alignment.
- Monitors and collects oil and grease samples.
- Assists in preparing action notes and reports.
- Be able to follow monitoring checklists and workorders.
- Be able to identify problems in lube systems, leaks, change in lube colour etc.
- Demonstrate work behaviors consistent with the AGA company values.
- Complete all weekly condition monitoring Plan.
- Report any tool malfunction, damage, or reallocation.
- Ensure all tools are calibrated.
- Keep the tools in safe place and always clean.
- Keep all the tools are updated with any technology consequences.
- Protect and register all tools.
ADD ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Written and verbal communication skill.
- Able to interact with a team.
- Ability to maintain composure under stressful situations and conflicting priorities.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
- Please apply through our recruitment portal by following the link below. Please click the link or type the URL address on a website browser to access the application portal.
- On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources”, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Technician 1- Condition Monitoring”
- If you struggle to apply via the link provided, please head over to our website https://www.geitamine.com/en/people/ for a step-by-step guide on how to apply for jobs on our recruitment portal (SuccessFactors).
- You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
- Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
- Applications should reach the above on or before 24th May 2023 at 5:30 Pm
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
NOTE ON COVID-19 PREVENTION:
- Please note when you are invited for interviews, you will be required to present proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (Covid-19 vaccination certificate) or if you are not vaccinated, please go for a Covid-19 test and obtain a 96 – hour valid PCR Covid-19 negative certificate.
- You are also advised to adhere to all recommended prevention measures including proper wearing of face masks and washing or sanitizing your hands before you are allowed through Geita Gold Mine entry points
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing speakupAGA@ethics-line.com or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com