MTCP scholarship 2023-2024
MTCP scholarship 2023-2024. The Malaysian Technical Cooperation Programme (MTCP) was established in 1980 as Malaysia’s commitment to South-South Cooperation through the sharing of Malaysia’s development experiences and expertise with other developing countries.
Malaysian Technical Cooperation Programme for the academic year 2023 is now open. The MTCP Scholarship is Funded by the Malaysian Government. The MTCP Scholarship Programme is open to those students who want to apply for the Master’s Degree program and complete their degree from Malaysian Public and Private Universities.
The objectives of the MTCP are:
- To share experience with other developing countries;
- To strengthen bilateral ties with developing countries;
- To encourage and promote South-South Cooperation; and
- To encourage and promote technical cooperation within developing countries.
- The MTCP Scholarship is sponsored by the Malaysian government and is dedicated to international students from the developing world to pursue their postgraduate studies in Malaysia, whilst at the same time acquiring the necessary knowledge and skills that could contribute to the development of their home country. The duration of the award is between 24 to 36 months for Master’s Degree Programme.
- The MTCP Scholarship is open to eligible candidates from developing countries. The online application system will be made available from 23rd May 2023 until 30th June 2023.
AREAS OF STUDY
Priority will be given to the following areas of study:
- Science, Technology and Engineering (not including nursing, medicine, and clinical pharmacy)
- International Relations and Political Science
*Applicants may choose any related course within the areas mentioned above
Malaysian Technical Cooperation Programme (MTCP) Scholarship applicants must COMPLY with the following criteria:
- Not more than 45 years old at the time of application.
- For Master’s Degree Programme, applicants should obtain a minimum of Second Class Upper (Honours) or a minimum CGPA of 3.5 or equivalentat the Undergraduate Degree level.
- Proof of English Language Proficiency:
- Scanned copy of the original proof of English Language Proficiency such as IELTS (minimum total score 6) or TOEFL internet-based test (minimum total score of 60); or
- Has obtained a previous degree(s) with English used as the medium of instruction.
- Has an excellent level of health certified by a doctor/physician. The cost of the medical check-up shall be fully borne by the applicant.
- Applicantmustundertakefull-timestudyforpostgraduate programmes (Master’s Degree) at the selected Malaysian Universities (Please refer to List of Universities)
Application is only open to applicants who have received a valid admission offer letter/s from at least one (1) university in Malaysia but have not yet started their postgraduate studies or those who have registered for no more than one semester for a Master’s Degree.
BENEFITS OF MTCP SCHOLARSHIP
1. This scholarship covered:
- Other allowances of RM3,500.00 per month which includes:
- Cost of Living Allowance
- Book Allowance
- Tools Allowance
- House Rental Allowance
- Placement Allowance
- Thesis Allowance
- Travel Allowance
- Practical Training Allowance
- End of Study Allowance
- Medical Allowance
- Insurance Allowance
One-off return economy-class airline ticket from student’s closest international airport to Malaysia and back to student’s home country.
Method of Payment: Scholars will receive allowances as mentioned above from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Malaysia through their individual savings accounts. Scholars are advised to open any Malaysian Bank account immediately upon arrival in Malaysia
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES
- Universiti Malaya (UM)
- Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM)
- Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM)
- Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM)
- Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM)
- Universiti Islam Antarabangsa Malaysia (UIAM/IIUM)
- Universiti Malaysia Perlis (UNIMAP)
- Universiti Malaysia Sarawak (UNIMAS)
- Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM)
- Universiti Utara Malaysia (UUM)
- Universiti Malaysia Pahang (UMP)
- Universiti Malaysia Terengganu (UMT)
- Universiti Pertahanan Nasional Malaysia (UPNM)
- Universiti Malaysia Sabah (UMS)
- Universiti Pendidikan Sultan Idris (UPSI)
- Universiti Sains Islam Malaysia (USIM)
- Universiti Teknikal Malaysia Melaka (UTEM)
- Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia (UTHM)
- Universiti Malaysia Kelantan (UMK)
- Universiti Sultan Zainal Abidin (UNISZA)
How to Apply
All applications must be submitted through our online application system via the link https://biasiswa.mohe.gov.my/INTER/index.php
All the documents below are COMPULSORY and to be UPLOADED via online application (scanned and saved in PDF format):
- Application form (to be filled in the online system);
- Latest Admission Offer Letter from Malaysian Universities for academic intake 2023 (Please refer to List of Universities);
- Letter of Recommendation from two (2) referees;
- Statement of Intent;
- A certified copy of Academic Transcript;
- Record of all the courses taken throughout the degreeprogramme must be reflected in the academic transcripts;
- Applicants must submit transcripts of their undergraduate studies; and
- Applicants must submit an official document issued by the applicant’s alma mater describing the university’s grade system. If an applicant’s transcript does not include information on CGPA, marks or score percentile, the documents must be certified.
- A certified copy of English Language Proficiency test result (TOEFL/ IELTS/ PTE/ CAE/ CPE/ MUET/ equivalent qualification) or an official letter from the previous institution declaring English as the medium of instruction used for the obtained degree(s);
- A certified copy of Passport as evidence of nationality (minimum of 18 months validity);
- Medical examination report; and