HESLB important things to consider for loan application 2023/2024, mambo ya kuzingatia wakati wa kuomba mkopo, The Higher Education Student Loans Board (HESLB) wishes to inform applicants for higher education loans for the academic year 2023/2024 that the ‘Guideline for Issuance of Loans for the Academic Year 2023/2024’ with detailed information on the criteria and procedure of Applications will be available at www.heslb.go.tz from the first week of July, 2023.
This information aims to provide clarification to students who took the sixth form national exams in May, 2023 who have been sending emails and coming to our offices to get clarification.
HESLB important things to consider for loan application 2023/2024
Currently, prospective loan applicants are advised to prepare by ensuring the following:
- i. Have a bank account with the same name as on his form four certificate;
- ii. Have a phone number registered in his name that he will use while in college;
- iii. Checking his birth certificate following the instructions of RITA (Tanzania Mainland) or ZCSRA (Zanzibar);
- iv. Prepare a copy of his guarantor’s ID; it can be one of NIDA, Voter’s Card, Driver’s License, Travel Pass, or Zanzibari Resident ID;
- v. Preparing small color photos (pass-port size) of the loan applicant and his guarantor; and
- v. Preparing the NIDA number. If the applicant does not currently have one, it will not prevent him from applying for a loan.
- In addition, we would like to inform prospective loan applicants that they will have enough time of 90 days to apply for a loan. Therefore, they are currently advised to prepare the necessary documents to make it easier to apply for a loan once the window opens in July, 2023.