Drivers at Geita Gold Mining
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified Time Contract
Reporting to: Supervisor – Exploration
Number of Positions: Two (02)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
It is full-time, permanent role with roster-based travel to the company’s exploration projects across Tanzania. The role-holder will safely operate and maintain the company’s vehicle fleet for transportation and logistics. This includes driving vehicles to and from the project site, transporting people, equipment, and supplies, and providing support for field operations while adhering to strict safety and regulatory protocols. Focuses time and energy on tasks with a targeted completion time of 1 day up to 3 months.
- Certificate of Secondary School Education.
- Must have a valid Tanzanian driving license.
- Must have the ability to drive manual transmission Light vehicles.
- Medically fit to work in remote locations with limited medical facilities and able to maintain relevant vaccination requirements.
- Geita Greenfields Mineral Exploration Limited is an equal opportunity employer: Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- 5-10 years of relevant driving experience. Greenfields exploration experience will be an added advantage.
- Good knowledge of computer applications.
ROLE ACCOUNTABILITIES AND OUTPUT:
- Demonstrate and encourage a proactive safety culture within the team and the organisation.
- Ensure rapid and effective communication of any significant incidents to your supervisor.
- Implement and enforce Greenfields’ protocols and procedures to safely manage all operations.
- Monitor and recommend improvements to enhance the effectiveness of the safety management system and requisite behaviours and practices.
- Identify safety risks and resolve emerging issues, escalating issues and safety risks that impact other areas.
- Ensure appropriate resources are applied to achieve safety objectives.
- Model behaviour consistent with the AGA Safety Vision, Values and Procedures.
- Actively participate in daily pre-start meetings and perform Take 5’s before undertaking new or changed tasks.
- Consider safety, environment and cultural heritage while undertaking duties
- Proactively develop and maintain good relations with communities
- Provide on-ground support to the exploration team through
- Collection and submission of samples.
- Transporting people, equipment, and supplies and supporting field operations.
- Assist the geotechnical team where required.
- Comply with all applicable AGA policies and procedures.
- At all times, act in accordance with AGA’s Values.
- Fluency in Swahili and English.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
- Please apply by clicking APPLY below.
- On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names, and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
- You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager – Human Resources’’ Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Driver”
- If you struggle to apply via the link provided, please head over to our website https://www.geitamine.com/en/people/ for a step-by-step guide on how to apply for jobs on our recruitment portal (SuccessFactors).
- You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
- Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
- Applications should reach the above on or before 18th July 2023 at 5:30 PM
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
NOTE ON COVID-19 PREVENTION:
- Please note when you are invited for interviews, you will be required to present proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (Covid-19 vaccination certificate) or if you are not vaccinated, please go for a Covid-19 test and obtain a 96 – hour valid PCR Covid-19 negative certificate.
- You are also advised to adhere to all recommended prevention measures including proper wearing of face masks and washing or sanitizing your hands before you are allowed through Geita Gold Mine entry points.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! Geita Greenfields Mineral Exploration Limited does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing speakupAGA@ethics-line.com or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com