ELECTRICAL ENGINEER (Dar es salaam) at Alaf Tanzania
Key Performance Areas:
• Troubleshooting and maintenance of PLC system, and other related instrumentation equipment like temperature sensors, limit switches, proximity sensors, flow switches, flow monitors, pressure switches, etc.
• Parameterisation and maintenance of frequency Drive Systems.
• Understanding the electrical drawing for problem troubleshooting in all areas of electrical control systems.
• To inspect and confirm the precise installation of electrical equipment, testing of continuity, polarity, insulation, and earthling system, and correction for any abnormality found.
• To lead and ensure the entire shift works are maintained throughout, utilize the plant capacity.
• To ensure smooth production and attend to any breakdown in a timely.
• Planned equipment inspections with checklists and reported all equipment abnormalities observed.
• Preparing Monthly technical reports for all scheduled/unscheduled maintenance or equipment breakdown duties/responsibilities.
• Preparing RCA report for equipment breakdown of more than one (1) hour so as to get the root cause of the problem.
• Safety compliance as per the company’s requirements by conducting daily toolbox meetings before attending any job.
• Preparing/writing all attended shift duties in a shift logbook and timely sending the same which was prepared in an Excel sheet.
• Ensuring the maintenance management strategies for spare parts, planned maintenance tasks,s and planned outages to increase plant reliability.
• Identifying and managing inventory levels of critical spares and working closely with the supply chain department to ensure parts availability and durability.
The ideal candidate(s) should meet the following qualifications
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Equivalent.
• Master in Electrical Engineering will be an added advantage.
• Should be registered with ERB as Graduate Engineer. Professional Engineers will be an added advantage.
• Minimum three (3) years working experience.
• Good communication skills (written & spoken) in Swahili and English.