Job vacancies at Precision Air Tanzania. Precision Air Services Plc is a private Tanzanian airline which operates domestics and regional routes in East Africa and nearby regions for more than 30 years now. It has codeshares and partnerships with more than 27 airlines operating internationally.
To keep our services at a higher level and meet our customers satisfaction, we wish to invite applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill in the below position.
POSITION: REPORTS TO: DUTY STATION: Pilot in Command (4 POSTS) Chief Pilot Dar es Salaam
ROLE PURPOSE STATEMENT
- To plan, supervise and execute company flights following legal and company policies and procedures for safe, efficient, and economic conduct of flights.
- According to current Tanzania Civil Aviation Regulations, the PIC is responsible for
the safety of all crew-members, passengers, and cargo on board when the doors are closed. He has final authority to take measures as necessary for the safety of
the flight and in this respect, he may take such reasonable measure as is necessary to ensure order and discipline on board the aircraft.
- PICs shall always bear in mind the commercial requirements and use their best endeavours to ensure that the maximum revenue load is carried commensurate with safe operation.
PICs are expected to apply CRM principles in their multi-crew environment.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES Deliverables:
• It is the responsibility of the PIC to ensure the safe and efficient operation of the aircraft in all stages of ground and flight operations. Plan, and supervise the execution of company flights following legal and company policies and procedures, authorised checklists and ensure safe, efficient, and economical operation.
• The PIC will coordinate the flight preparation according to company directives and procedures and other relevant Manuals and ascertains that all aspects are covered.
• The PIC will ensure that the checklist and standard operating procedures
are adhered to and thoroughly carried out.
• As an aircraft commander the PIC shall demonstrate capability to operate
the aircraft efficiently and safely during the mandatory competency check
or at any other time that may be decided by the Head of Flight Operations.
• The PIC as a senior member is expected at all times and in all circumstances
to uphold a high professional attitude. He has to set a high standard of behaviour, as he is responsible for the discipline and appearance of his flight crew and cabin crew at all times both in the air and on the ground.
• Be responsible for the safety of all crew members, passengers and cargo
onboard when the doors are closed.
• Take any action deemed necessary to ensure the safety of the flight; if these actions divert from prescribed procedures he will do so in consultation with other crew members and submit a report about his action to the applicable Chief Pilot.
• Confirm that the aircraft’s performance will enable it to complete safely the proposed flight.
• The aircraft has been correctly loaded and that the load and balance sheet
has been accurately completed in duplicate .
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Three years’ experience as pilot in command in commercial air transport operations
• Valid ATPL with ATR 42/72-500 type rating and current Instrument Rating .
• Total flying experience of 3500 HRS of which 1500 HRS should be on type
and 500 HRS in command (P1) on the type.
• Level 4 of Proficiency in the English Language.
• No record of accidents/ serious incidents attributable to pilot proficiency in the last 12 months.
- Letter of recommendation from previous and or current employer will be an added advantage.
- Not later than 18th AUG 2023.
Mode of Application:
If you feel you meet the above requirements, please email your Cover Letter, CV
and evidence of relevant certifications to the address below. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Head of Human Resources and Administration Precision Air Services Plc
Mail Box 70770
Dar es Salaam