Internal Auditor at at ALAF
INTERNAL AUDITOR (DAR ES SALAAM)
- Ethics and professional conduct; to ensure that rules of professional conduct and practices are being followed with full integrity as required by audit profession.
- Accountable for reviewing the accounts prepared under SAP 4HANA and checking the adequacy of internal control in SAP accounts and comment on deviations, if any
- Prepare audit scope and procedures and execute the scope after being approved by Internal Audit Manager.
- Identifying key areas of risk within the organization and proposing appropriate controls to mitigate the risks
- To perform periodic internal audits as assigned by Internal Audit Manager/Group Internal Auditor
- To carry out all the stock-taking procedures (Physical stock-taking) as outlined by Internal Audit, to observe the reliability of stock-taking by the company, and identifying problems and possible errors in the process
- Identifying and discussing the observations arising during the audit of transactions with the concerned staff to get their feedback.
- Drafting the unresolved audit observations related to particular transactions and forwarding to the department head for further evaluation.
- Ensure that all the information relating to the organization is in safe hands and physical access controls are in place for audit working papers and confidential information with the Internal Audit department.
- To maintain the audit working papers and keep track and follow up wherever necessary.
- Any other work that may be assigned by Internal Audit Manager or management special engagements.
- Conduct ad-hoc investigations and reviews as requested by ALAF Senior Management
- Assisting the development of an internal control culture, including training to staff Responsibility for Physical Assets
- Making sure that Company Office Assets in the Department are optimally used.
- Strong ethics and a high level of personal and professional integrity.
- University level (Advanced Diploma in Accountancy, ADA} Ideal PGDA (TZ) and must be a CPA
- General work experience (years): 4 years
- Specific to the position (level/discipline/years): 3 years
- Industry: Manufacturing
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and work effectively across team
- Excellent personal organizational skills with the ability to multitask, prioritize and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to identify issues, formulate opinions, and make conclusions and recommendations. Shows pride in work and in achievements.
- General computer skills and ability to Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), SAP/ERP Software Application experience, etc.