12 Volunteer Data Officer at MDH
VACANCIES ANNOUNCEMENT FOR VOLUNTEERS
Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization whose primary aim is to contribute to address public health priorities of the people of Tanzania and the world at large. These priorities include: communicable diseases such as HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria; Reproductive, Maternal, New-born and Child health (RMNCH); Nutrition; Non-Communicable Diseases of public health significance; as well as Health System Strengthening. MDH strongly believes in and works in partnership with various local and global institutions, Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC); President’s Office Regional Authorities and Local Government (PORALG); donor agencies; academic and non-academic institutions; implementing partners; civil society, community-based and faith-based organizations and others.
MDH in collaboration with Dar es Salaam City Council; Temeke, Kinondoni, Kigamboni and
Ubungo Municipal Councils Together with Amana, Mwananyamala and Temeke Regional
Referral Hospitals invites qualified candidates to apply for the following posts as Volunteers:
Job Title: Volunteer Data Officer (12 Posts)
Location: Amana, Temeke and Mwananyamala RRHs, Dar es Salaam City Council, Kigamboni, Kinondoni, Temeke and Ubungo Municipal Councils Reports to: Facility In-charge
The Data Officer is a team member at the Health Facility who enters, and keeps records and information on clients/patients, retrieving them for Clinicians and ensuring confidentiality and safety.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Entering quickly and accurately clinical, laboratory, tracking or other forms into database under the monitoring of District Data Coordinator, Data Supervisor and reporting to the Site Manager.
- Producing, reviewing and sharing as per agreed schedule weekly, monthly and quarterly reports for various program areas such as HTS, index testing, enhanced PITC, PMTCT and TB/HIV.
- Routinely analyzing and producing lists of patients for follow up such as missing appointment, LTFU, Viral Load, etc.
- Facilitating simple data analysis and interpretation at the facility level to encourage data use for planning and decision making at the facility level.
- Communicating both verbally and in writing with supervisors regarding forms with problems.
- Monitoring various databases at the facility and communicate both verbally and in writing with supervisors regarding database challenges.
- Reconciling differences between different databases by running queries, reviewing appropriate form and correcting all differences.
- Locating and review archived or filed forms if necessary.
- Attending data staff meetings at the specified times.
- Communicating both verbally and in writing suggestions for improvements to data entry or data flow to supervisors.
- Performing other data tasks as assigned by the Supervisor.
Requirements: Education, Work experience and Skills
- At least a Diploma in Computer Science, Health Informatics, Statistics or Information and Communication Technology (ICT) or related field.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience working as a data entry officer in the HIV/AIDS program settings.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate fluently in both English and Kiswahili.
- Ability to work both individually and as part of a team with minimal supervision.
- Ability to maintains confidentiality in all aspects.
HOW TO APPLY
INTERESTED CANDIDATES FOR ANY OF THE ABOVE POSITIONS SHOULD SUBMIT THEIR APPLICATION LETTERS, CVS AND COPIES OF THEIR CERTIFICATES TO MDH DAR ES SALAAM OFFICE.
APPLICATION DEADLINE – 22ND SEPTEMBER, 2023.
MDH DO NOT have any agents and DO NOT charge any fees to the interested candidates.