Meteorologist II Jobs at Tanzania Meteorological Authority (TMA). The Tanzania Meteorological Authority (TMA) was established through the Tanzania Meteorological Authority Act No. 2 of 2019. The institution is responsible for regulating, Coordinating and provision of meteorological services to the general public, institutions and individual users of tailor-made services for socio-economic development. The Authority is also responsible for issuing warnings and advisories on severe weather events for protection of human life and properties.
Meteorologist II Jobs at Tanzania Meteorological Authority (TMA)
On behalf of Tanzania Meteorological Agency (TMA), Public Service Recruitment Secretariat (PSRS) invites dynamic and suitable qualified Tanzanians to vacant posts as mentioned below;
METEOROLOGIST II -1 POST
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To perform Meteorological, Agrometeorological, Hydro Meteorological, and Environmental analysis;
- To provide general weather forecasting for the general public, media, etc;
- To provide weather forecast product for use in Marine, Aviation, Agriculture, Tourism, Energy, Disasters, etc;
- To provide assistance in issuing of specific weather forecast and warnings;
- To provide assistance in issuing Aviation Forecasts for international air navigation; To provide assistance provide weather briefings to pilots for international air navigation;
- To assists in conducting climatological data processing; and
- To perform any other duties as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Holder of Bachelor of Science Degree in one of the following fields: Meteorology, Hydrometeorology, Atmospheric Science, Agro meteorology or related qualifications from a recognized institution.
Holder of Bachelor of Science degree in one of the following fields: Physics and Mathematics, Education, General Agriculture, Environmental Sciences and Management, Computer Science, Information Communication Technology, Statistics, Geo Informatics, Telecommunication Engineering, Hydrology or related qualifications from a recognized institution.
Candidates must have successful completed Postgraduate Diploma in Meteorology while the candidate with Computer Science, Information Communication Technology, Statistics, Geo Informatics, must have completed Crash Programme in Physics and Mathematics.
SALARY SCALE: AS PER TMA SCALE.
- All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania with an age not above 45 years of age;
- People with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply and should indicate clearly in the portal for Public Service Recruitment Secretariat attention;
- Permanent and Pensionable employees should not apply;
- Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts; postal address/post code, e-mail and telephone numbers;
- Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement;
Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates: – Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates; Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts;
Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates; Professional Registration and Training Certificates from respective Registration or Regulatory Bodies, (where applicable); Birth certificate;
- Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted:-
- Form IV and form VI results slips;
- Testimonials and all Partial transcripts;
- An applicant must upload recent Passport Size Photo in the Recruitment Portal;
- An applicant employed in the Public Service should route his application letter through his respective employer;
- An applicant who is retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply;
- An applicant should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts;
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced leveleducation should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA).
- Professional certificates from foreign Universities and other training institutions should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU) and NationalCouncil for Technical Education (NACTE);
- An applicant with special needs/case (disability) is supposed/advised to indicate;
- A signed application letter should be written either in Swahili or English and Addressed to Secretary, Presidents Office, Public Service Recruitment Secretariat,P.O. Box 2320, Utumishi Building at University of Dodoma – Dr. Asha Rose Migiro Buildings – Dodoma.
- Deadline for application is 07th November, 2023;
- Only shortlisted candidates will be informed on a date for interview and;
- Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate to legal action;