Engineer jobs at Tanzania National Roads Agency (TANROADS). The Tanzania National Roads Agency (TANROADS) is an Agency under the Ministry of Works and Transport that is responsible for the Development and Maintenance of the Trunk, Regional Roads Network, and Airports in Tanzania Mainland. It is also responsible for conducting Axle Load Control Operations using weighbridge scales.
15 Engineer jobs at Tanzania National Roads Agency (TANROADS)
On behalf of Tanzania National Roads Agency (TANROADS) Public Service Recruitment Secretariat (PSRS) invites dynamic and suitable qualified Tanzanians to fill sixteen (15) vacant posts as mentioned below;
ENGINEER II (CIVIL) – 15 POSTS
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To undertake road inventory, condition and traffic count surveys;
- To investigate sources and quality of construction materials along the roads;
- To identify sources of road accidents
- To attend regular site meetings and prepare minutes;
- To supervise contractor at site and force account operations; and
- To perform such other related duties as may be assigned by Supervisor.
Holders of Bachelor’s Degree in one of the following fields: Civil Engineering, Highway Engineering, Transportation Engineering, or equivalent from a recognized Institution. Must be registered by ERB as Graduate Engineer.
Attractive remuneration package in accordance with the Agency’s salary scale.
- All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania with an age not above 45 years of age;
- People with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply and should indicate clearly in the portal for Public Service Recruitment Secretariat attention;
- Permanent and Pensionable employees should not apply;
- Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts; postal address/post code, e-mail and telephone numbers;
- Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement;
Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates: – Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates; Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts;
Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates; Professional Registration and Training Certificates from respective Registration or Regulatory Bodies, (where applicable); Birth certificate;
- Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted:-
- Form IV and form VI results slips;
- Testimonials and all Partial transcripts;
- An applicant must upload recent Passport Size Photo in the Recruitment Portal;
- An applicant employed in the Public Service should route his application letter through his respective employer;
- An applicant who is retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply;
- An applicant should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts;
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced leveleducation should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA).
- Professional certificates from foreign Universities and other training institutions should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU) and NationalCouncil for Technical Education (NACTE);
- An applicant with special needs/case (disability) is supposed/advised to indicate;
- A signed application letter should be written either in Swahili or English and Addressed to Secretary, Presidents Office, Public Service Recruitment Secretariat,P.O. Box 2320, Utumishi Building at University of Dodoma – Dr. Asha Rose Migiro Buildings – Dodoma.
- Deadline for application is 07th November, 2023;
- Only shortlisted candidates will be informed on a date for interview and;
- Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate to legal action;