Table of Contents
Vacant posts at Vodacom Tanzania, October 2023
JOB TITLE: Risk Manager
Dar Es Salaam, TZA
- Key accountabilities and decision ownership
Role Purpose and Key Responsibilities
- To ensure implementation of Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Framework for Vodacom Tanzania PLC and M-Pesa Limited, which includes identification of Principal, Tactical and Operational risks, assessment of their impact to both entities and having mitigation plans in place.
- Active involvement in the implementation of an appropriate framework of Enterprise Risk Management (ERM).
- Performing risk assessment reviews at Operational, Tactical and Principal levels with Head of Departments and Directors across VTPLC and M-PESA Limited to ensure that all critical and high business risks have been identified and sufficiently mitigated;
- Ensure that risk assessments and reviews are completed timely and are ready for submission to the respective governance meetings and to the Board of Director promptly and within the set deadlines.
- Conducting New Products and Services risk assessment for VTPLC and M- PESA Limited to ensure that relevant risks are considered during the development of new products;
- Preparation of Quarterly Governance meetings (Risk Management Committee, Group Risk Management and ARCC Board) for both VTPLC and M-PESA Limited; and preparation of minutes and maintaining records of these meetings.
- To identify, communicate and train on the new and emerging risk trends for both VTPLC and M-Pesa Limited.
- To identify, communicate and train on the new and emerging risk trends for both VTPLC and M-Pesa Limited
Core competencies, knowledge, experience and Qualifications
- Experience in Risk Management Process;
- Experience in Project Management will be an advantage;
- Leadership skills and team player
- Telecommunications and Banking exposure will be an advantage
- Engaging with stakeholders at senior levels.
- High integrity and highly ethical
- Analytical mind and Attention to detail
- Results oriented
- Project management experience with proven people management skills
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- A degree or equivalent qualification in IT/IS/MBA/Risk Management is essential;
- Good understanding of the King reports
- At least three years exposure to enterprise wide risk management.
JOB TITLE: Regulatory Compliance Specialist
Dar Es Salaam, TZA
Role Purpose & Key Responsibilities
- To support the Head of Risk & Compliance in ensuring compliance with industry specifications, standards, regulations and laws and embedded business risk management function to discharge their responsibilities relating to compliance monitoring and assurance as required by relevant regulatory requirements, applicable codes of conduct and minimum standards.
- To continuously monitor compliance with laws and regulations by the organisation and thereby facilitate the establishment of a compliance culture in the organisation that contributes to prudent risk management.
- Review operational practices, create and enforce compliance plans, and perform regulatory risk management in order to prevent regulatory fines or penalties through early identification of potential areas of non-compliance.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership
- Utilise relevant input in formulating a flexible annual monitoring plan and Co-ordinate planning within the compliance department and other assurance providers to ensure efficient coverage of regulatory compliance risk.
- In alignment with methodology execute Regulatory Compliance reviews which are strategic, thematic and structural, to deliver the required level of assurance.
- Regularly follow-up on issues raised in reviews to ensure successful resolution of the remedial actions.
- Monitor (on an on-going basis) in conjunction with the combined assurance structure, the adherence to the Compliance Governance-, legal- and regulatory standards in order to identify further areas of improvement and detect significant compliance breaches and exposures.
- Understand the business to effectively identify and manage the risk areas from a monitoring perspective. Fostering and maintaining relationships with key assurance providers in the group and business
- Keeping abreast of regulatory changes and developments in the regulatory environment
Competencies, Knowledge, Experience and Qualification
- Self-motivated, professional and able to maintain confidence when under pressure
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good analytical skills.
- Legal or Audit qualifications
- Comprehensive understanding of the telecom and financial sector statutory, regulatory, and business environment.
- Minimum 3 years in the Compliance or audit function in an international bank or telecommunication.
- Exposure to monitoring / auditing principles