PE Teacher at St Constantine’s International School
PE Teacher at St. Constantine International School (SCIS) November, 2023
Job type: Full Time, Fixed Term
Start date: August 2024
SCIS is now recruiting for 2024-25!
St. Constantine’s International School (SCIS) is a non-denominational, co-educational, day and boarding, international school. We are a Cambridge International School. We follow the English Curriculum starting with the EYFS programme in Early Years, and then using the Cambridge International Programme from Years 1 to 9. In Years 10 and 11 students study the Cambridge IGCSEs and in Years 12 and 13 they study the A-level programme. We are also proud members of Round Square. We should be successfully inspected by the British Schools Overseas (BSO) in December 2023 and fully accredited by COBIS soon after.
We currently serve about 600 students (including 80 borders) from over 30 different countries. SCIS is the oldest international school in Tanzania and is the largest international school in northern Tanzania. Our Main (Burka) Campus has gorgeous gardens and playing fields, sitting in beautiful tree-lined surroundings under Africa’s 5th highest mountain, Mount Meru, on the world-class northern game park circuit. A drone video of our campus can be seen HERE. Our smaller Town Campus, which runs parallel classes to our Main Campus from Nursery to Year 2, is in a delightful setting just outside the CBD, with spacious classrooms, wonderful mountain views and a lovely family feel.
Tanzania has, for a long time, been one of Africa’s safest and most stable countries and the cost of living is very reasonable. There is much to do in Tanzania and our teachers travel widely picking up memories that they will treasure forever. The majority of our teachers stay beyond the original 2-year contract as they explore Africa, Tanzania, professionally develop themselves and save money in the process.
We are now recruiting new teachers. The successful candidate will deliver well-planned, objective-led lessons that inspire, engage, and enthuse our students as explorers in learning. Successful candidates will also possess the energy and enthusiasm to contribute to our wide range of extra-curricular programmes. We recently launched our new 5-Year School Strategic Plan that will take our school to new heights – the future is exciting!
For this position, the ability to teach A-Level would be desirable. Candidates who can offer a second subject will also have an advantage
- Competitive terms of employment and outstanding working conditions.
- A competitive salary package.
- Medical insurance.
- Opportunity to work with a team of highly supportive and creative colleagues from all over the world.
- Excellent Professional Development.
- The chance to educate some of the loveliest children and young people you will ever meet.
- BA in Education with QTS (or the equivalent) or an undergraduate degree with PGCE (or the international equivalent).
- Minimum of 3 years’ teaching experience (PGCE counts as one year).
- Experience working with the English or Cambridge curriculum is essential.
- Passion for teaching and a commitment to educating the whole child.
- Ability to work effectively in a team.
- Recent and consistent involvement in extracurricular activities.
- Evidence of recent, relevant professional development.
- Applicants are required to submit a CV/resume only. On your CV, please include the names and contact email addresses of three professional referees, including the current or most recent Headteacher/School Principal. No referees will be contacted without prior permission.
- Send CVs/resumes to the School Principal/Headteacher, Yasir Patel, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Due to the expected high volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
SCIS is totally committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expects the same from its employees. All new staff will be subject to detailed and enhanced pre-employment clearance, including identity checks, criminal background checks for all countries lived in, qualification checks, employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps in employment, and satisfactory reference checks for all employment in the last 5 years.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Statement
St. Constantine’s International School is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind in line with Tanzanian Law.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our school. St. Constantine’s International School makes recruitment decisions based solely on merit, i.e. the skills, experiences, attributes and traits needed for each role.
Closing Date: Friday 24th November.
Job Start Date: August 2024
Short-listed candidates will be contacted after the closing date. In exceptional cases, we may contact candidates before the deadline. Interviews will take place virtually and/or in London. SCIS reserves the right to end the recruitment process early should we find the right candidate before the closing date.
Apply by: 24th November, 2023.