Area Accountant at BRAC Maendeleo Tanzania. BRAC is an award-winning international non-governmental development organization, with the vision of a world free from all forms of exploitation and discrimination, where everyone can realize their potential. BRAC is a leader in developing and implementing cost-effective, evidence-based programs to assist poor and disadvantaged communities in low-income countries, including in conflict- prone and post-disaster settings. It is an organization of and for the people of the Global South, pioneering new development and social enterprise approaches to equip communities to achieve prosperity.
As well as being the world’s biggest NGO by number of staff and people directly reached, BRAC has regularly been ranked the number one NGO in the world by the Geneva-based NGO Advisor, an independent organization committed to highlighting innovation, impact, and governance in the non-profit sector. BRAC retained the top spot in 2020 among the top 500 NGOs for the fifth consecutive year.
BRAC was founded in Bangladesh in 1972 by Sir Fazle Hasan Abed. It started its first program outside of Bangladesh in Afghanistan in 2002 and has since reached millions of people in 11 countries in Asia and Africa. BRAC has a holistic approach to development that uses a wide array of programs and social enterprises, including in microfinance, education, health, agriculture, gender, and human rights. BRAC believes that every person has inherent potential, and when an enabling environment is created and that potential is unleashed, even the poorest can become agents of positive change in their own lives, for their families and their communities.
BRAC Maendeleo Tanzania is part of a leading development organization that started its operations in
2006 in Tanzania, focusing on thematic areas of Agriculture, Youth and Women Empowerment, Food Security and Livelihood
7 Area Accountant at BRAC Maendeleo Tanzania
Career with BRAC International
BRAC Maendeleo Tanzania is seeking applications from competent, dynamic, and self- motivated individuals to fill the following positions :
Area Accountant (7 Posts)
Area Accountant at BRAC November, 2023
Position: Area Accountant (7 Posts)
Job Location: Field Office.
The purpose of this position is to preparation of voucher, making payments, preparation of registers, preparation of monthly reports, maintaining registers, Support field procurement etc.
MAIN JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee field financial operations of the organization and ensure timely and accurate financial reports and practices
- Review and ensure financial accuracy of all transactions
- Ensuring timely recording of financial transaction on the accounting system Managing financial operation of three to four field branches.
- Responsible for entering financial information and maintaining all financial records for projects and for the organization at the field level
- Supporting project audit for both Internal, external and donor desk review
- Provide financial inputs for proposal development, project management, Human Resource Management policies, logistics, travel, and other areas of administration.
- Provide orientation and training to the organization staff on cost-effective management at field level.
- Ensure appropriate and sufficient documentation.
- Ensure financial transactions are following the donor and statutory requirements
- Ensuring timely and sufficient accountability of IOU by the employees
- Conducting physical verification of program activities at branches
- Ensure all accounts policies and procedures of the organization are being followed/put into practice and organization control system have
- Any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
- Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation to achieve the programmer’s goals on safeguarding implementation.
- Act as a key source of support, guidance, and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
- Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place and encourage others to do the same.
- 3- years working experience in a business or not for profit organization with strong supervisory and management skills. ii. Demonstrated knowledge and skills in budget reparation and analysis, donor reporting and presentation. Comprehensive experience in producing financial reports. Experience in preparation of business plans for businesses and for non-profits v. Ability to conduct market assessment and produce reports.
- At least 3 years of experience in procurement, administration, in providing logistical support to businesses and projects
- Bachelor in Accounts, Finance, Economics, Investment.
- CPA or ACCA is an added advantage.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Strategic thinker
- Analytical and critical thinking
- Communication and Interpersonal skills
- Leadership, organization, and Management Skills Computer literacy.
- Time Management
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: CONTRACTUAL
If you feel you are the right match for the above-mentioned position, please follow the application instructions accordingly:
Candidate needs to email their CV with a letter of interest mentioning educational grades, years of experience, current and expected salary at:email@example.com
Only complete applications will be accepted, and shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline: 02nd December, 2023.
BRAC is committed to safeguarding children, young people, and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share the same commitment. We believe every stakeholder and every member of the communities we work with has the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation – regardless of age, race, religion, and gender, status as an individual with a disability or ethnic origin. Therefore, our recruitment process includes extensive reference and background checks, self- disclosure of prior issues regarding sexual or other misconduct and criminal records and our values are a part of our Performance Management System.
BRAC is an equal opportunities employer.