HESLB Loan Application 2021/22 Academic Year The Higher Education Students’ Loans Board (HESLB)
The Higher Education Students’ Loans Board (HESLB) is a body corporate established under Act No.9 of 2004 (as amended in 2007, 2014 and 2016) with the objective of assisting needy and eligible Tanzania students to access loans and grants for higher education. The main mandates of HESLB include:
- To assist, on a loan basis, needy students who secure admission in accredited higher learning institutions, but who have no economic power to pay for the costs of their education
- To collect due loans from loan beneficiaries and use it as revolving fund to sustain operations of the Board
- To create synergies through establishing strategic partnerships in student financing ecosystem
HESLB executes one of the key mandates in administering loans to students pursuing higher education. Every year, the Board prepares the Loan Application almanac to guide on the process of loan issuance to needy and eligible students. As per the almanac, Loan Application Window opens once annually. Both undergraduate and postgraduate students who are eligible are invited to apply.
10 Important Instructions For HESLB Loan Application 2021/2022
Welcome to the HESLB’s Online Loan Application System (OLAMS) for 2021/2022 Academic Year. We kindly advise you to read and consider ‘Guidelines for Loans Issuance for 2021/2022’ Academic Year available in www.heslb.go.tz before you start application. Make sure you provide TRUE information.
- Read and follow application procedures stated in these guidelines;
- Ensure that the Form Four Index Number provided when applying for loan matches with the one used in your application for admission to University or College;
- Applicants who seated for Form Four Examinations more than once are required to list all Form Four Index Numbers used while applying for loan;
- Ensure that all documents submitted to support your application have been certified by relevant authorities as specified in these guidelines;
- Ensure that all birth/death certificates are certified by the Registration, Insolvency and Trusteeship Agency (RITA), or Zanzibar Civil Status Registration Agency (ZCSRA) “Wakala wa Usajili wa Matukio ya Kijamii Zanzibar “or designated officer(s) to ascertain their validity;
- Ensure all Birth certificates for students who were born in foreign countries and Death Certificates for Tanzanian Parents who died in foreign countries are certified by respective Embassies located in the United Republic of Tanzania;
- Ensure that your loan application form is dully filled and signed before submission;
- Applications must be completed with correct (and accurate) details;
- Each applicant is advised to keep a copy of complete package of the application form submitted to HESLB for future reference (if required) and
- All applicants must strictly observe the set application deadline.
What if you are not allocated for loan 2021/22
If you are not selected for Loan, here are just step you can take in order to ensure your continue with your study at University;
First step: Make sure you correct the error in OLAMS account before submitting your Loan application.
If you are think that HESLB has made wrong decision you have a chance to appeal. HESLB always open the Appeal window to give chance for those who think the HESLB make wrong decision for them. In this appeal window make sure you fall all steps and requirement requires in order to show them that you are in need of loan
Second Step: Make appeal
Some time you my find you during application process, you fail to provide some details. HESLB always insist the applicants to check to their OLAMS account status in order to correct their error. Fail to do so you find you are not allocated for loan.
Third step: Consult you parents and relatives
Fail to get loan is not the end of study, Consult you parents and relatives that you are not allocated for loan. That will make you parents to make early preparation to take you to university.