NECTA PSLE Examinational results| Matokeo ya darasa la saba PWANI
Matokeo ya darasa la saba PWANI. Before Independence the Pwani Region was part of Eastern Province in which its Head quarters was at Morogoro. After Independence in 1961 the Government introduced Region which marked the end of Provinces System.
After introduction of Region system the current Dar es Salaam region was a part of Coast Region and its head quarter was at Dar es Salaam. In 1972 the government of Tanzania underwent Administrative changes which resulted into introduction of Dar es Salaam Region.
Coast Region was officially launched in 1972 and remained with four (4) Districts which were Kisarawe, Rufiji, Bagamoyo and Mafia and its Head quarter was at Kibaha. Despite of those changes the Head quarter of Coast region remained at Dar es Salaam until 1979. The region remained with four districts until 1979 when Kibaha District was formed from Northern part of Kisarawe district and Southern part of Bagamoyo district. In July 1995 Mkuranga District was formed from the Eastern Coast of Kisarawe District leads Pwani Region to have six (6) Districts up to date. Since Independence up to date the Pwani Region was headed by 16 Regional Commissioner at different times.
After Tanganyika got her Independence we inherited Local Government as it was started during colonial period. During the early periods after independence there were three (3) groups of Local Government. The first group of Local Government were created under the Act no 72 of 1926 in which there 48 Local Government. In Pwani Region there was Bagamoyo, Rufiji and Kisarawe Councils. The second group was created under the Act no 333 of 1953 among them were Mafia Council which started in 1955. The third one was Dar es Salaam Municipal which was under the Act no 105 of 1946.
Check here NECTA PSLE Examinational results| Matokeo ya darasa la saba PWANI
The National Examinations Council of Tanzania (NECTA) is Government Institution which was established by the Parliamentary Act No. 21 of 1973. NECTA is responsible for the administration of all National Examinations in Tanzania.
Functions of National Examinations of Tanzania
- To formulate examinations policy in accordance with the principles of education for self reliance and the education and training policy
- To ensure responsibility for examinations within the United Republic of Tanzania and to make provision for places and centres for examinations
- To receive from other persons or bodies of persons reports or other material affecting examinations policy and from from time to time to consider and review examinations policy as circumstances may require
- To co-operate with other persons or bodies of persons in the orderly development of an examinations system in the United Republic of Tanzania
- To conduct examinations for, and to grant, diplomas, certificates and other awards of the the council
- To act as the body which shall facilitate, administer and supervise foreign examinations in Tanzania
NECTA Has released The Standard Seven Results (Matokeo ya Darasa La Saba 2021)
Check the Link below to access Standard Seven Results 2021 for Pwani Region.