10 Job Vacancies 2021 at Management and Development for Health (MDH) HIV Testing Services (HTS) Officer (10 posts)
Job Vacancies 2021 at Management and Development for Health (MDH)
POSITION: HIV Testing Services (HTS) Officer (10 posts)
LOCATION: Geita, Kagera, Tabora & Dar es Salaam.
REPORTS TO: Regional HIV Testing Services Manager.
The HIV Testing Services (HTS) officer works with and supports the MDH RHTS Manager to ensure efficient implementation, M&E and reporting of HTS services in her/his respective region, including coordination of program priorities such as index HTS and focused PITC. She/He is responsible for the field implementation, coordination and reporting of all HTS initiatives in her/his respective region under the guidance of the RHTSM and in collaboration with DPMs and other MDH staff and relevant regional, council and health facility staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To support implementation, M&E and reporting of HIV testing and ART linkage services, under the Afya Kwanza project, and other relevant activities.
- To support implementation of initiatives to address key program, donor and national priorities, including index testing, focused PITC, peer-based ART linkage, in line with national guidelines.
- To provide TA to the DACC, HTS focal person and HFs in planning, implementation, M&E and reporting of HIV testing and ART linkage services.
- To support RHTS Manager to asses and implement initiatives to address skill and resource needs on HIV testing and ART linkage services through supportive supervision, mentorship, on-job training, CQI and other approaches in collaboration with DACCs and HTS focal persons.
- To support timely collection and submission of HTS and ART linkage data – as well as support strengthening of the related M&E systems – in collaboration with the M&E team.
- To support HTS Manager in writing technical program documents including reports, best practices, lessons learned and other relevant documents, as required by the RPM.
- To support and advise the RHTS Manager on all HIV testing and ART linkage issues and perform other relevant duties as assigned by the RHTS Manager.
- To perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
Requirements: Education, Work experience and Skills:
- Bachelor Degree or Advanced Diploma in Medicine, Nursing or related field with relevant national registration.
- Master’s Degree in Public Health or related field will be an added advantage.
- At least two (2) years of experience working in public health programs/ services.
- At least two (2) years of experience in design, implementation, management and M&E of HIV testing, ART linkage or related clinical and public health programs and services.
- Experience in using CQI, PHE and OR techniques to address public health challenges.
- Experience in writing reports, best practices and lessons learned.
- Excellent command of Swahili and English languages, in written and oral communication.
- Experience in basic computer applications such as MS Word, Excel, Power point and internet.
- Ability to work under pressure and stringent deadlines.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates for any of the above positions should submit an application letter, a detailed copy of their CV, names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work related referees.
The candidate MUST clearly indicate the Title of the position applied for (as it appears in the advertisement) on the heading of the email. Applications should be submitted to the Human Resource Director through email firstname.lastname@example.org by 30th September 2021. MDH DO NOT have any agents and DO NOT charge any fees to the interested candidates. Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.