10 Job Vacancies 2021 at Management and Development for Health (MDH) Community HTS and Prevention Officer (CHPO) (10 Posts)
Job Vacancies 2021 at Management and Development for Health (MDH)
POSITION: Community HTS and Prevention Officer (CHPO) (10 Posts)
LOCATION: Kagera, Geita & Dar es Salaam
REPORTS TO: District Community Services Manager (DCSM)
The Community HTS and Prevention Officer (CHPO) is responsible for the day-to-day field implementation of MDH’s community HIV prevention and key and vulnerable population (KVP) program. She/He will work with the Council Health Management Teams CHMTs, Community Volunteers, Civil Society Organizations (CSOs), Health Facilities (HFs)/ Health Care Providers (HCPs) and other stakeholders to support provision of recommended community HIV prevention and KVP services including Index and Mobile HIV Testing Services (HTS), HIV Self Testing (HIVST), Social Network Testing (SNT), Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP), Social and Behavior Change Communication (SBCC) and other related services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To support provision and scale up of recommended community HIV prevention and KVP services including Index and mobile HTS, HIVST, SNT, PrEP and SBCC in line with the program workplan and national guidelines.
- To support engagement, capacity building and supervision of community outreach volunteers (COVs), expert clients (CECs), HCPs and other stakeholders in the provision of community HTS, HIV prevention and KVP program and services.
- To conduct routine mapping/ re-mapping of hotspots and target population size estimation for community HTS, HIV prevention and KVP services.
- To ensure efficient linkages and continuum of care between community HTS, HIV prevention and KVP services with facility-based services.
- To support dissemination and operationalization of national guidelines, SOPs, job aids, IECs, training manuals, M&E and others tools on the community HIV and KVP programming.
- To support efforts to identify gaps in community HIV and KVP program, implementation of continuous quality improvement (CQI) initiatives and operational research to address gaps.
- To support monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) of community HIV prevention and KVP services including data collection, quality assurance, analysis, reporting and data utilization.
- To support analysis, documentation and dissemination of MDHs’ community program outcomes and best practices via abstracts, posters, manuscripts, policy briefs, presentations, and others.
- To perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Requirements: Education, Work experience and Skills:
- Bachelor Degree or Diploma in Medicine, Nursing or Related Health Field.
- At least three (3) years of experience in community HIV and KVP programs and services.
- Demonstrable competencies in overseeing community HTS, HIV prevention, and health communication, including Social and Behavior Change Communication (SBCC).
- Experience in MEL, data analysis, interpretation and utilization in the health sector.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English and Swahili Languages.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates for any of the above positions should submit an application letter, a detailed copy of their CV, names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work related referees.
The candidate MUST clearly indicate the Title of the position applied for (as it appears in the advertisement) on the heading of the email. Applications should be submitted to the Human Resource Director through email firstname.lastname@example.org by 30th September 2021. MDH DO NOT have any agents and DO NOT charge any fees to the interested candidates. Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.