Job Vacancies 2021 at Management and Development for Health (MDH) _ Compliance Officer (2 Posts)
Job Vacancies 2021 at Management and Development for Health (MDH)
POSITION: Compliance Officer (2 Posts)
LOCATION: Dar es Salaam
REPORTS TO: Compliance Manager
Reporting to the Compliance Manager, the Compliance Officer Monitors adherence and works in the organization to remediate incidents of non-compliance; Conduct reviews of organizational practices and operations in order to assess adherence to policies and regulations and, consults with others to identify root causes of non-compliance events. She/He is responsible for ensuring that MDH complies with its outside regulatory requirements and internal policies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To perform risk assessments to understand risk level, significance and scope.
- To keep up to date with, and understand, relevant laws and regulations.
- To monitor compliance with laws, regulations and internal policies.
- To ensure that your findings are recorded and followed up with management so that issues can be rectified.
- To educate employees on not only the regulations, but also the impact on the organisation if these aren’t complied with and investigate irregularities and non-compliance issues.
- To report back to business functions on current risk and compliance performance and highlight or escalate areas of concern.
- To contribute to robust and effective compliance controls within the organization, to review marketing materials, presentations and websites to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- To assist in the gathering of internal information in response to regulatory requests and to perform various general administrative duties (such as file creation and maintenance of ongoing administrative projects).
- To collaborate with other departments to create a culture of compliance, to assist in evaluation of the effectiveness and efficiency of internal control systems and in conducting risk assessment.
- To assist in preparation of annual audit plans plan and tailored audit programs, execution of annual audit plan based on audit guidelines and assist in periodic assessment of reliability of financial information.
- To perform sites-based physical verifications and financial sport check procedures as well as perform specific compliance check on regular subgrantees financial reports.
- To act as custodian of compliance unit client’s files to ensure temporary and permanent information is well secured and easily accessible during and after engagements.
- To assist in performance of special reviews/ investigation based on specific terms of reference as well as in provision of technical assistance and capacity building to MDH-Staff and sub-grantees.
- To make follow-up on implementation of internal and external review or audit findings.
- To participate in developing innovative solution to help MDH or subgrantees response to any identified strategic, operational or compliance challenges/opportunity.
- To perform any other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
Requirements: Education, Work experience and Skills:
- Bachelor Degree in Commerce/Accounting or Finance or Bachelor of Accounting and/or Finance with Information Technology, Business information system, or equivalent.
- Excellent English language skills (written, reading and spoken).
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience with an NGO set up in Tanzania.
- Excellent writing, reasoning, organizational and analytical skills.
- Capacity building experience including training and skills development.
- Ability to prioritize own workload and work with minimal supervision.
- Must be IT/Computer literate conversant with, Microsoft Office i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail, telephone, printer, calculator, copier, cell phones, and other hand-held devices (Advanced certificate in excel is added advantage).
- Ability to work both independently under minimal supervision and in a team.
- Ability to travel frequently.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates for any of the above positions should submit an application letter, a detailed copy of their CV, names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work related referees.
The candidate MUST clearly indicate the Title of the position applied for (as it appears in the advertisement) on the heading of the email. Applications should be submitted to the Human Resource Director through email email@example.com by 30th September 2021. MDH DO NOT have any agents and DO NOT charge any fees to the interested candidates. Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.