Updates about Nafasi za kazi Sensa 2022| Job Opportunities Census 2022
About Census Tanzania 2022: The Government of the United Republic of Tanzania plans to conduct a Population and Housing Census by August 2022. The Ministry of Finance and Planning through the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) in collaboration with the Office of the Chief Statistician of Zanzibar (OCGS), is in the process of preparing to conduct the Census.
The Population and Housing Census is a national exercise conducted every 10 years where the last census to be held in the country is the one in 2012. Thus the Census 2022 will be the Sixth Census to be held in the country after the Union of Tanganyika and Zanzibar in 1964. Census others took place in 1967, 1978, 1988, 2002 and 2012.
What is Census Tanzania 2022
Population and housing census is a process of collecting, analyzing, evaluating and publishing and disseminating demographic, economic and social data related to all persons and their settlements in the country for a specified period.
In other words, the census is a special exercise aimed at finding the total population in the country, by age and gender, where they live and their educational status, employment status, birth status and mortality and housing status.
These basic data are the ones that can match the real needs of citizens including special groups with special needs for example, people with disabilities, women, children, youth and the elderly thus facilitating the development of policies and development plans according to the need and environment.
Importance of Census Tanzania 2022| Umuhumu wa Sensa Tanzania 2022
The unique significance of the 2022 Population and Housing Census include: –
- To assist the Government in obtaining basic information that will support the process of implementing the Development Vision 2025, health and social reform, as well as the monitoring of international development agendas;
- Population information assists in district authorities in the implementation of development plans that reflect the wishes of the people at the relevant levels and assist in the balance of resource allocation;
- Basic demographic, socio-economic information on population and housing planning at all levels;
- Allocation in calculating other indicators eg Individual GDP, GDP, Employment and Unemployment and student enrollment rate;
- Information that will enable the government to identify population growth, by distribution and other indicators, which are important for environmental management; and
- The basis of good governance and inclusive democracy. Accurate Census data is needed for effective allocation of constituencies, adjusting administrative boundaries in local government.
Preparations for the 2022 population and housing census
Preparation began in 2018, including the allocation of census sites, the preparation of key census documents such as questionnaires, guidelines, quality control forms and conducting a pilot census.
Currently the census preparation has reached the following stages;
- Prepare a Strategy for the Management and Implementation of the Population and Housing Census for the Year 2022;
- Allocation of Areas in 5 districts of Dodoma region which are Bahi, Chamwino, Kondoa, and Chemba; and one Singida Regional District (Singida Urban);
- The work of allocating census sites is underway in Singida region in Manyoni district, Ikungi; and Dodoma region in Mpwapwa and Kongwa districts.
- Conducting one study tour in Kenya with funding from UNFPA who have recently conducted a digital census and learned the use of modern technology in conducting successful censuses. The use of this technology will help reduce the cost of conducting a census and reduce the time to report census results.
- Prepare a draft Census Questionnaire and other important documents such as instructional guidelines, guidelines for census clerks, guidelines for census supervisors and guidelines for regional and district census coordinators.
Good News, Updates about Nafasi za kazi Sensa 2022| Job Opportunities Census 2022
Census Commissioner Ms. Anna Makinda speaking on Clouds Fm Radio said that the vacancies that will be provided in the census exercise will be provided to each neighborhood, street, village, county and district. The Job opportunities will be provided within those areas and not other wise
In line with what Anna Makinda said, those who get a chance to be employed in the exercise will be given a three-month training course.
MSIKILIZIE ANNA MAKINDA KWENYE VIDEO HAPA CHINI