Table of Contents
VSO Jobs London Supporter Engagement Officer (Retention)
VSO is the world’s leading international development charity that works through volunteers to create a fair world for everyone. At VSO we pride ourselves on doing development differently. We fight poverty not by sending aid, but by working through volunteers and partners to create long-lasting change in some of the world’s poorest regions.
We bring key stakeholders together to co-ordinate collective action, from local organizations to national governments. Our programmes in Africa and Asia focus on health, education and livelihoods, with an increasing emphasis on resilience, peace building, social accountability, gender and social inclusion.
We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change that will improve the lives of generations to come.
Contribute to the development and delivery of a rich donor retention programme, helping reduce attrition and keep our existing donor base engaged, energised and inspired by VSO’s work. You will play a vital role in the retention team within VSO’s Supporter Engagement Team.
Skills, qualifications and experience
Are you passionate about creating a fair world for everyone at VSO Jobs London?
At the heart of our Public Fundraising Strategy is the delivery of the best supporter experience to engage our loyal supporters and reach out to new audiences and to motivate the public to engage with our vision and purpose: A fair world for everyone: Creating lasting change through volunteering.
We are looking for an experienced supporter engagement officer (retention) with excellent communication skills. You will develop and deliver fundraising campaigns that inspire VSO’s warm supporters to keep donating, including VSO’s regular giving product and telemarketing, among other activities.
You will work as part of the retention team and develop strong relationships with teams across VSO raising the profile of the Fundraising team and campaigns.
You can demonstrate:
• Good experience in direct marketing fundraising to drive income and manage attrition and engagement of supporters.
• Project management across multiple stakeholders (internal and external).
• Copywriting and/or editing skills.
• Great attention to detail in all areas of work, including in project management and feeding back and shaping effective and engaging fundraising copy.
• Understanding and experience of data segmentation and personalisation.
• Excellent communication skills used to working with stakeholders at all levels both internally and externally. Plus show you are a great team player.
• Competent in Microsoft tools for presentation, campaign management and budget management to a strong level.
• Ability to show initiative and develop processes to manage and improve campaigns.
• Excellent organisational skills and the ability to work towards multiple deadlines at the same time.
Competencies and Behaviour
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
• Ability to be open minded and respectful
• Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
• Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
• Ability to seek and share knowledge
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
Once you’re ready to apply, click on ‘make an application’ below to complete the online form.