Funza Lushaka Bursary 2022 requirements Apply Now
Funza Lushaka Bursary 2022 requirements | Funza Lushaka Bursary 2022 application requirements.
The Funza Lushaka Bursary Programme is a multi-year programme to promote teaching as a profession. Bursaries are available to enable selected students to complete a teaching qualification in identified Subject priority areas. Recipients of these bursaries will be required to teach at a public school for the same number of years that they received the bursary.
Each year students who are studying to be teachers, are invited to apply for the Funza Lushaka Bursary
The bursary programme is designed to boost recruitment into teaching, in priority subject areas. In most cases, Faculty or School of Education staff will be able to assist students with the Funza Lushaka priority subjects to determine a student’s teaching priority subjects guided by the Funza Lushaka Policy.
National Priority Subject areas into Funza Lushaka Programme
Foundation Phase (i.e. Grades R-3): Foundation Phase (with preference for South African Indigenous Languages) Neurodevelopment Needs, Braille, SASL.
Intermediate and Senior Phase (i.e. Grades 4-9): Preference will be given for a teaching major in TWO of the following: Languages, Mathematics, and Natural Science & Technology.
FET phase (i.e. Grades 10-12): Preference will be given for a teaching major in TWO of the following: Accounting; Agricultural Sciences; Agricultural Technology; Civil Technology; Computer Applications Technology; Electrical Technology; Engineering Graphics and Design; Geography; Information Technology; Life Sciences; Mathematics; Mechanical Technology; Physical Sciences, Languages, Maritime studies, Coding and Robotics, Technical Mathematics and Technical Science.
Programmes that will be Funded
- Bachelor of Education (BEd);
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) in Senior Phase and FET teaching;
Funza Lushaka Bursary 2022 requirements 2022/ Funza Lushaka Bursary Application Requirements
- Learners, currently in Grade 12;
- Graduates below the age of 30 who want to complete a teaching qualification or enrol for a PGCE;
- People below the age of 30 who want to make a career change and become teachers; and
- Unemployed people below the age of 30 who want to become teachers.
- Prospective bursars must first gain admission at a higher education institution (HEI). Applications submitted online at www.funzalushaka.doe.gov.za .