Selection Criteria at Funza Lushaka Bursary 2022 Programmes
The Funza Lushaka Bursary Programme is a multi-year programme to promote teaching as a profession. Bursaries are available to enable selected students to complete a teaching qualification in identified Subject priority areas. Recipients of these bursaries will be required to teach at a public school for the same number of years that they received the bursary.
Selection Criteria for Funza Lushaka Bursary 2022
The composition of the selection committee is stipulated in the Funza Lushaka Policy and must include academic members of the Faculty or School of Education, a representative of the relevant provincial education department (PED), a representative of the financial aid office and an official/officials representing the DBE.
The selection criteria are stipulated in the Funza Lushaka Policy as folows
- The bursary is only awarded to South African citizens with a valid South African ID number.
- Allocation of Funza Lushaka bursaries to Higher Education Institution employees, their spouse and their dependents/children is not permissible.
- Bursary applicants must already have been accepted into a either BEd or PGCE qualification at an accredited public University.
- The applicant must also meet the national selection criteria for the Funza Lushaka bursary.
- The bursary will only be awarded if two of the priority area subjects are included as a specialisation in the teaching qualification. Learn more here
- The applicant should demonstrate good academic ability.
- The applicant must show commitment to a teaching career, which includes: interest in working with
young people; enthusiasm for a professional career in teaching; readiness to face and surmount difficult challenges with integrity.