Job Opportunities MUHAS _ Clinical Research Coordinator (CRC)
Location: Based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Contract: A 12-month, renewable pending availability of funds.
Reporting to: MUHAS-ORCI-UCSF Cancer Collaboration Principal Investigator
Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences (MUHAS), Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics is seeking for a full time Clinical Research Coordinator with strong administrative skills who will manage projects that include formulating strategies and administering policies, processes, and resources; and able to function with a high degree of autonomy. The applicant will be part of a highly dynamic team conducting research on Cancer epidemiology, genetics, clinical management, treatment outcomes and prevention. The team also aim at building research skills in the area of non-communicable diseases focusing on cancer in Tanzania to address the current epidemiological transition.
- Assisting in the planning, coordination, implementation, reporting, monitoring and evaluation of ongoing and future research involving cancer patients receiving care at Muhimbili National Hospital (MNH) and Ocean Road Cancer Institute (ORCI)
- Acting as an administrative liaison with local and international collaborators to ensure timely and quality achievements of the project’s objectives and outputs.
- Generate procurement requisitions, prepare travel reimbursements requests, cost transfers and monitor project financial expenditures.
- Ensure all study related samples are collected, properly prepared and handled according to the protocol and adhere to Material Transfer Agreement (MTA) requirements and regulations
- Collect high-quality qualitative and quantitative research data, including through surveys, focus groups/interviews, questionnaires and other qualitative/quantitative methods
- Store, manage, and contribute to the analysis of qualitative and quantitative research data, including transcription and arrangement of transcription
- Conduct data entry, data quality assurance checks, storage and safeguard as per research ethical standard
- Assist in preparing for and overseeing of project meetings, trainings and workshops
- Prepare project meetings and fieldwork reports
- Keep record of all project documents including approvals, consent forms and reports
- Take part on the presentation of results to stakeholders when the need arises (locally and internationally)
- Able to travel locally and internationally when needed
- Medical degree (MD) or Master’s degree in a health related discipline from a reputable institution
- Training in Project Management, Program Administration, Public Health is an added advantage
- Excellent organization and communication skills required, with the ability to problem-solve and multi-task in a high-volume environment with multiple projects with competing deadlines.
- Able to work independently with excellent time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to see through and exercise judgement.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to effectively interact across all levels of staff and international team
- Work collaboratively with research team (PIs, Program manager, research assistant) to ensure projects are executed successfully and completed within required time frames to meet research objectives.
- Team oriented and flexible, ability to respond quickly to shifting demands and opportunities.
- Good command of the English and Swahili languages, both written and verbal.
- Must be computer literate with an aptitude for management of a large database.
Attractive remuneration with excellent working environment will be provided to a qualified applicant
Required Application Documents:
A cover letter, current resume (CV), copies of degree certificates and List of two professional references.
Only qualified applicants will be contacted for an oral interview.
Application Deadline: 31 st October, 2021
- Good news: TAMISEMI, Ajira za walimu 2021 | TAMISEMI 10000 new teachers to be employed
- How to register/open CRDB account | Jinsi ya Kufungua, kusajili akaunt ya CRDB
- Job Vacancies 2021 at Management and Development for Health (MDH) _ IT Officer Cum Software Developer (1 Post)
- MYP/DP Math (Secondary School) Teaching Job opportunities at International School of Tanganyika (IST), 2021