14 Job Opportunities at Geita Gold Mine October 2021
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents.
The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
- Position: Service Crew
- Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time
- Department: UG Mining
- Reporting to: Supervisor – UG Mining
- Number of Positions: Fourteen (14)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Required to carry out the installation, removal and repair of mine services, logistical work-related activities as well as construction vent walls for spraying, casting pads, erecting formworks, shuttering or casting of drill pads and 11 KV cable walls activities. The aforementioned roles to be executed in addition to specific instructions from Supervisor – Underground Mining and requirements of relevant Tanzania Mining Legislation. Required to be trained to attain skills for safety operating underground equipment’s.
• Completion of Secondary School Education
• Must possess a valid Tanzanian driving license with Underground mining driving experience
• Site Entry requirements which must include medical Health Surveillance
• Minimum of 1- 2 years of operational experience in Mining environments, at least 1 year should be in Underground mining environment
• Knowledge of underground Mining practices
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Extend Ventilation services to areas where needed, which includes hanging ventilation bags and moving/installing secondary fans.
• Extend water and air services to areas where needed
• Move and install pumps to areas where needed
• Carry out the installation, removal, and repair of mine services
• Carry out logistical work-related activities
• Construction of vent walls for spraying, casting pads, erecting formworks, shuttering for casting of drill pads and 11KV cable walls activities
• Maintain and repair services and equipment such as vent bags, poly pipe and valve Assist with all operations including offside operators and required
• Work closely with the mining supervisor to ensure service machines are delivered to workshop and at the correct times
• Take a pro – active approach to performance improvement by monitoring of machines statuses & determining improved methods for working for continuous improvement
• Promptly report and communicate equipment breakdowns Assemble cable bolts, install, and grout cable bolts
• Any other duty assigned by the Supervisor
• Must have Good written and Oral communication skills in English language
• Be physically and mentally fit and hard working
• Previous experience of operating Underground or Open pit equipment’s
• Must be able to work with minimal supervision
• Ability to maintain high standards of housekeeping within the mine
MODE OF APPLICATION:
• Please apply through our recruitment portal by following the link below. Please click the link or type the URL address on a website browser to access the application portal.
• On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
• You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Service Crew”
Application Link: https://career5.successfactors.eu/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=17239&company=AGAprod
• You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
• Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
• Applications should reach the above on or before 26th October 2021 at 5:30 Pm
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
NOTE ON COVID-19 PREVENTION:
- Please note when you are invited for interviews, you will be required to present proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (Covid-19 vaccination certificate) or if you are not vaccinated, please go for a Covid-19 test and obtain a 96 – hour valid PCR Covid-19 negative certificate.
- You are also advised to adhere to all recommended prevention measures including proper wearing of face masks and washing or sanitizing your hands before you are allowed through Geita Gold Mine entry points.