TRA Efiling System Log In
TRA Efiling System, This is a system of submitting return to TRA through TRA Web.
- In order to file returns electronically to TRA, the VAT registered taxpayer will be required to click on the e-filing hyper link. This will take the taxpayer to the e-filing System linkage.
- The taxpayer (Individual and Entity) will have to register into the System on initial access and will be given an Electronic Filer Identification Number (e-fin).
- The taxpayer will further be issued with an initial password to facilitate creation of his/her own password, login and filing of returns.
- Since the requirement to sign the return is mandatory and taking into consideration that the return shall be filed electronically. The e-filer’s signature shall automatically be retrieved from the Automatic Finger Identification System (AFIS) where the filer’s signature was captured when the e-filer was requesting from TRA on one of the following services:
- Application for driver’s license
- Registration of a motor vehicle or
- Normal application of TIN for any other business.
On e- filing registration for a Company or any other Corporate Entity, the System will prompt for a Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) of one of the Directors’ and will hence check if the Director has undergone biometric scanning before proceeding to retrieve the taxpayer’s general information.
What happens if an e- Filer has not undergone biometric scanning?
If the e- filer’s signature has not been captured in the TRA AFIS System, then the e- filer is required to arrange for signature capturing at the TRA office where the filer or the entity files its VAT returns.
- The web-based return system offers the following benefits:
- Taxpayers will interact with TRA while at their houses or offices.
- Elimination or reduction of queues at TRA offices during due dates
- E-filing will result in fewer errors and creates simple and quicker processing of documents.
- Taxpayers can save their records in their e-mail boxes or print hard copies for future reference.