FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 Final Draw Results
The group stage draw for the 2022 World Cup took place today in Doha, Qatar
England and the United States of America have been drawn together to play at the FIFA World Cup 2022 in Qatar.
Both sides could also face Scotland or Wales if either of those sides emerge victorious from their European play-off path in June, which also involves Ukraine.
England will play Iran in their opening match on Monday November 21, with the USA playing their first match later that day. England and the USA will meet on November 25.
Group E would appear to be the ‘group of death’, with European heavyweights Spain and Germany drawn together. Japan have also been drawn in the group, which will include the winners of a play-off between Costa Rica and New Zealand.
The full draw is as follows:
- Group A: Qatar (hosts), Ecuador, Senegal, Netherlands
- Group B: England, Iran, United States, Wales/Scotland/Ukraine
- Group C: Argentina, Saudi Arabia, Mexico, Poland
- Group D: France, Peru/Australia/UAE, Denmark, Tunisia
- Group E: Spain, Costa Rica/New Zealand, Germany, Japan
- Group F: Belgium, Canada, Morocco, Croatia
- Group G: Brazil, Serbia, Switzerland, Cameroon
- Group H: Portugal, Ghana, Uruguay, South Korea
The World Cup will begin on November 21 with host nation Qatar hosting Ecuador at the Al Bayt Stadium in Al Khor. The final will take place on December 18 at the Lusail Iconic Stadium in Lusail.