Regional Program Manager at Deloitte Iringa, Njombe and Ruvuma Tanzania April 2022
Regional Program Manager (Ref: KHSZ/RPM/03-22)
Deloitte Tanzania has been awarded a contract to implement a Kizazi Hodari – Sothern Zone project in Tanzania. This is a five years’ project (March 2022 to February 2027) funded by the American People through USAID aiming at supporting the Government of Tanzania’s (GOT) Ministry of Health to achieve HIV epidemic control by improving the health, well-being, and protection of Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) and youth in high HIV burden communities within the Southern Zones of Tanzania specifically Iringa, Njombe and Ruvuma regions. The program intends to increase access to and use of health/HIV, social, and protection services among OVC and youth in order to contribute to 95-95-95 goals: 95% of persons living with HIV (PLHIV) know their HIV status; 95% of PLHIV who know their status are on treatment; and 95% of PLHIV on treatment are virally suppressed, by 2030. Deloitte is therefore seeking for experienced, self-motivated, a highly competent individual with exemplary ethical conduct to join Kizazi Hodari – Southern Zone program as a Regional Program Manager based in three different implementing regions i.e. Iringa, Njombe and Ruvuma.
Serve as an active member of the program team for the implementation of Kizazi Hodari – Southern Zone project managing implementation at regional level. Regional Programme Manager will oversee and guides the following Regional officers (HIV Integration, Case Management, Economic Strengthening, M&E, Data, and Associate Accountant. This includes the promotion of quality and timely project management as well as intra- and interdepartmental coordination and collaboration including building and maintain good relationships with regional secretariats, local councils, civil society organizations (CSOs) and implementing partners to ensure the program objectives are achieved.
• Oversee all program activities both technical, operational and administrative support in the region to project staff and sub grantees and provide the required support to ensure smooth implementation of Kizazi Hodari – Southern Zone at regional level.
• In collaboration with all technical staff at regional level, provide technical guidance to ensure high quality integrated technical programming within the regional.
• With guidance from Technical & QI manager and Results Management Office Manager lead regional team in the implementation of QI activities.
• Maintain relationships and mutual understanding with the regional secretariat and local councils’ leadership on implementation of planned program activities.
• Follow up on the implementation of the Signed Memorandum of Understanding with the local councils as well as the contracts between Kizazi Hodari – Southern Zone and the sub grantees.
• Organize and participate in the regional forums data review exercise and compilation.
• Oversee regional level budget including tracking spending, disallowable costs, approve travel request, partners liquidation and approve all cluster expenses.
• Lead the regional team to organize and conduct supportive supervision to monitor project implementation progress.
• Work with M&E and data officer to ensure appropriate data is obtained to produce high quality report and submit to Technical &QI Manager and Results Management office Manager timely.
• Facilitate the implementation of new policies, resource mobilization and integration activities at regional level.
• Facilitate capacity building of the Regional Health Management Team (RHMT) and respective Council Health Management Teams (CHMTs) and ensure they conduct supportive supervision on a regular basis and develop some learnings.
• Provide weekly updates of ongoing regional activities to the Technical & QI Manager and Results Management Office Manager.
• Lead regional team in the development of activity, monthly, quarterly, biannual and annual reports and submission to the and Technical &QI manager and Results Management Office Manager
• Provide program performance updates to the regional secretariats and council senior management teams including the RHMT and the CHMT.
• Ensure program planned activities are incorporated into the Comprehensive Council Health Plan (CCHP).
• Provide program summaries and work with field data teams to build capacity to provide summaries of the performance indicators each quarter.
• Work with M&E officers, HIV integration officer, HIV Case Management officer, and Economic Strengthening officer to develop and present quarterly, semi-annual and annual program performance reports to program team and R/CHMTS during program review meetings.
• Ensure proper implementation of Deloitte performance Management System for direct reports and address identified performance issues through regular, constructive and honest feedback and coaching and mentorship.
• Represent the project in relevant meetings and visits with stakeholders, including partners, donors and government as needed.
• Develop responses to ad hoc donor requests.
• Degree Medicine, Public Health, Project Management, Business Administration or related field.
• A minimum of 5+ years relevant working experience with 2 years at managerial level
• Proficiency in Excel, Word and other MS Office software; data analysis software
• Excellent stakeholder engagement skills
• Excellent verbal communication skills
Mode of Application
If you believe you are the right candidate for the job, submit a cover letter including your current and expected remuneration, detailed CV, copies of your academic certificates and transcripts, and three referees to KizaziHodari-SouthernZone@deloitte.co.tz For your application to be considered, it MUST quote the job title, reference number and your preferred region on the email subject line.
Submission deadline is 15th April 2022 at 4:30 p.m.
Hard copy applications will NOT be accepted. This position is on a one-year renewable contract, subject to performance and availability of funding from the donor. The job offer is conditional to successful vetting, including professional reference checks and limited lifestyle audit.