Nembo ya sensa 2022 | Sensa ya watu na Makazi 2022(Population and Housing census 2022
The President of the United Republic of Tanzania Hon. Samia Suluhu Hassan, accompanied by the President of Zanzibar and Chairman of the Revolutionary Council Dr. Hussein Ali Mwinyi in cutting the ribbon to mark the official launch of the Population and Housing Census Emblem which will come into effect after announcing that the Census will be held on 23 August 2022 nationwide. The inauguration ceremony took place on 08 April 2022 in Zanzibar.
Population and housing census is a process of collecting, analyzing, evaluating and publishing and disseminating demographic, economic and social data related to all persons and their settlements in a country for a specified period. In other words, the census is a special exercise aimed at finding the total population in a country, by age and gender, place of residence and status of education, employment status, birth status and mortality and housing status. These basic data are the ones that can match the real needs of citizens including special groups with special needs for example, people with disabilities, women, children, youth and the elderly thus facilitating the development of policies and development plans according to the need and environment.
Nembo ya sensa 2022
Significance of the 2022 Population and Housing Census
The unique significance of the 2022 Population and Housing Census include: –
- To assist the Government to obtain basic information that will support the process of implementing the Vision for Development 2025, health and social reform, as well as the monitoring of international development agendas;
- Population information assists in district authorities in the implementation of development plans that reflect the needs of the people at the relevant levels and assist in the balance of resource allocation;
- Basic information on demographic, socio-economic status of population and housing plans at all levels;
- Allocation in calculating other indicators eg Individual GDP, GDP, Employment and Unemployment and student enrollment rate;
- Information that will enable the government to identify population growth, by distribution and other indicators, which are important for environmental management; and
- The basis of good governance and inclusive democracy. Accurate Census data is needed for the effective allocation of constituencies, adjusting administrative boundaries in local government.