10 Job vacancies at JamiiForums Tanzania _ Content Managers
Job vacancies at JamiiForums Tanzania. JamiiForums is a non-governmental organization based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania that advocates and promotes Civil and Digital Rights, Social Justice, Accountability, Democracy and Good Governance.
As internet penetration grows in Tanzania, more content is getting online – JamiiForums platform being among channels getting more content that needs to be fact-checked, well-structured and balanced.
JamiiForums is currently looking for volunteers in Content Management (Moderation) to work on the user-generated content on the platform aiming at having quality and credible content on the platform.
A Content Manager (CM) is responsible for maintaining content order on the assigned forum(s) by handling content and users. The CM reports to the Content Quality Controller.
The following are the Responsibilities of a Content Manager:
- Monitoring, Editing, and updating all content on JamiiForums.com according to guidelines
- Maintaining order throughout the proceedings of discussions by ensuring that members abide by Community Engagement Guidelines
- Ensuring that the interactions remain within the identified theme and focus
- Alert on any ‘Newsworthy’ content to all Staff; this includes the recommendation of content to be shared/disseminated through our Social Media Platforms
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
- Aged between 20-30years
- Editorial Skills and Experience are given a priority
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
- Very good command of English and Swahili languages; English proofreading is a plus
- Very good computer skills (MS Office, Internet)
- Well organized and Persistent
- Can work under pressure to meet deadlines
- MUST be impartial
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to a successful candidate as per organizational standards.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Potential candidates who have the required knowledge, skills and experience should apply by sending an updated CV and a cover letter to vacancies @ jamiiforums.com
- The cover letter should be a one-page with all required information including information of two links to your best threads/discussions from JamiiForums.
- A CV of no more than three pages
- The application email should be titled “Application for a Content Manager Post” (if in Swahili, “Ombi la Nafasi ya Uhariri wa Maudhui”)
- DO NOT send us your username(s)/password on JamiiForums.
DEADLINE OF APPLICATIONS:
The Closing date for application is June 16, 2022
Only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. Successful candidates should be ready to start work immediately (Mid July 2022)