5 Assistant Laboratory Technician at Medical Teams International Tanzania
Assistant Laboratory Technician at Medical Teams International Tanzania, Assistant Laboratory Technician (5)
Assistant Laboratory Technician (5) Medical Teams International Tanzania
Daring to love like Jesus, we boldly break barriers to health and restore wholeness in a hurting world.
Responsible for performing routine laboratory investigations for patients. Ensure security and hygiene measures are respected at all times.
- Collect samples, including performing phlebotomy and conducting home visits to patients unable to travel to health facility, and conduct routine laboratory investigations for patients
- Interpret laboratory results, communicate findings to clinicians and file reports while ensuring confidentiality
- Process specimens to be sent to outside laboratories and do follow up
- Maintain quality control of specimen samples
- Ensure hygiene and sterilization criteria, including universal precautions, are met; manage waste as per good laboratory practices
- Ensure biomedical equipment is in good working order by using in accordance with user manual and protocols, perform cleaning and minor maintenance and alert supervisor in case of malfunctioning
- Monitor the consumption of supplies and equipment required for laboratory activities and notify supervisor of re-stocking needs
- Ensure that medical practices are conducted with the highest level of integrity and ethics according to professional and MTI Code of Conduct
- Support safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Child & Vulnerable Adult protection, and harassment-free workplace policies.
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, LICENSES, & CERTIFICATIONS
- Diploma or advanced diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology is required
- Health Laboratory Technologists’ Council of Tanzania Valid practicing license is required
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a similar role is required
- Experience working with an international NGO is an added advantage
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Basic knowledge of laboratory practices
- Basic knowledge of how to operate standard laboratory equipment
- Knowledge of hygiene management and IPC protocol
- Skilled in performing routine laboratory investigations and interpreting results
- Good communication skills, with good command of written and spoken English
- Skilled at using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Analytical with attention to detail
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of patient information and test results
- Ability to support MTI Calling and adhere to the MTI Code of Conduct
This position requires work at health facilities located in remote areas with very basic living conditions..
The above job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by staff assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of staff in this position. Duties, responsibilities and skills are also subject to change based on the changing needs of the job, department or organization. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by Medical Teams International as the requirements of the job change.
Application Procedure: All interested applicants who meet the criteria should email their application letter, CV, Certified Academic Certificates, Valid Practicing License & Registration from Professional bodies, in either PDF or Word only, including three work related referee to: email@example.com
Indicate your expected salary, current/previous salary, and notice period at the bottom of your CV.
Indicate clearly the position applied for in the subject line” Referral Focal Person – Dar es Salaam”.
Application Deadline: 22nd of December 2022 at 1700HRS