Global Health Corps Africa Fellowship 2023/2024 | Apply Now
Global Health Corps Africa Fellowship 2023/2024
Since 2009, Global Health Corps (GHC) has built a network of 1150+ next gen leaders committed to transforming health systems. GHC recruits and selects highly qualified young professionals with diverse skill sets and backgrounds to be placed in high impact organizations for a 13 – month paid fellowship. During their fellowship year, fellows make significant contributions to their placement organizations and the communities they serve. They also engage in robust leadership training and integrate into GHC’s global network.
GHC welcomes young professionals from Burundi, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Malawi, Nigeria, Rwanda, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, and Zimbabwe to apply for the fellowship to develop as a transformative leader while placed in health organizations in Malawi, Rwanda, Uganda, and Zambia.
By the start of the fellowship , you must be:
- Be 30 years of age or younger
- Hold a bachelor’s Degree or undergraduate University degree
- Be proficient in English
- Be a citizen or Legal permanent resident of Burundi, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Malawi, Nigeria, Rwanda, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia or Zimbabwe.
In addition to the intensive leadership development and professional growth that the fellowship offers, the Global Health Corps fellowship includes:
- A monthly living stipend
- Professional development funds
- A $1500 Completion award
- Health Insurance
- Travel: GHC coordinates and facilitates all travel logistics for fellows to all GHC training and retreats.
- Visa/Work permit: For international fellows a valid work permit is required for the fellow to legally fulfill the fellowship in the placement country. Global Health Corps and your placement organization will guide you in completing and submitting an application.
We are looking for diverse high-potential leaders from every sector and professional background who bring the skills necessary to address critical health systems gaps and who embody our key leadership practices:
- Collaborative: You value inclusion and collaboration across sectors, cultures, and borders of all kinds. You are ready to listen to and embrace others’ perspectives, even when they are different from your own.
- Committed to learning: You are willing to push yourself outside your comfort zone often (while practicing self-care). You are ready to approach a personally transformative year with integrity, humility, and self-reflection.
- Inspiring and mobilizing: You are ready to strengthen and use your voice — the most powerful tool for change that you have — in order to engage others, create space for critical conversation, and effect meaningful social change in global health.
- Committed to social justice: You are passionate about social justice in health and have both the patience and the motivation to engage in the hard, complex work of building just health systems.
- Adaptive and innovative: You are excited by a design-thinking approach to building a better world, creatively embracing problems and ready to embrace failure as learning.
- Results-driven: You bring your best self and are motivated to do the day-to-day work needed to bring about positive change in the global health equity movement.
How to apply
For more information on applying, please visit: Apply to be a fellow. To apply for our fellowship, please create an account through our Start an Application page here and fill out the online application. You may select up to three fellowship roles to be considered for as part of your application.
For enquiries about applications please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . Additionally, answers to many frequently asked questions can be found on our website here
Applications open December 1st 2022 and close on January 11th 2023