Human Rights Coordinator at CCL Global
CCL Global Sub-Saharan Africa Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
About the job
In relation to respect for Human Rights, you will:
- Be the focal point for the monitoring of the Human Rights recommendations implementation by all the operational entities (Project team/ Security team/ HSE team/ LSOC team/ Human Resources team…).
- Ensure that Human Rights recommendations implementation is harmonized between Tanzania and Uganda.
- Ensure that adequate systems, tools and processes in place to appropriately monitor implementation of Human Rights mitigation measures activities across the Project in Tanzania.
- Issue the monthly report reg. CLIENT’S human rights progress for Uganda and Tanzania.
- Provide a regular update (monthly and quarterly) on mitigation actions addressing the recommendations for key salient issues.
- Participate in the annual report to describe the implementation of the Human Rights Action Plan, as requested in the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights.
Context and environment
- Ongoing coordination with other functions within CLIENT’S (LSOC teams, HSE teams, Legal teams, Project team).
- Active coordination with local institutions, CSOs regarding respect of Human rights in Business.
- Promote discussions among different stakeholders regarding Human Rights in Business.
- Ability to frequently rove in the different locations for construction to have a follow up of workers’rights in the field by different contractors.
- Constant update on political, socio-economic and cultural context.
- University degree in Social Sciences or Human Rights. A Post-graduate qualification is an added advantage.
- A minimum of 10 years professional experience in linear construction and extractives industry including at least 5 years’ experience of human rights and human rights security related compliance in the development field, and community capacity building for Human Rights.
- Knowledge of international environmental and social standards particularly the IFC Performance Standards, the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights and international good practice.
- Experience of regular interfaces with and undertaking of field oversight in implementation of human rights/Labour rights/ and project commitments.
- Excellent communication skills with a proven ability to develop and maintain good relations with stakeholders including local institutions, local communities, industry partners, CSOs/NGOs and international organizations.
- Negotiation and conflict management skills.
- Excellent computer; report writing and analytical skills.