Tax accountant Job at ALAF Tanzania
JOB TITLE: TAX ACCOUNTANT (DAR ES SALAAM)
• File all the required tax returns i.e., VAT, Corporate tax, Withholding tax, SDL stamp duty and PAYE
• Ensure compliance with Tax laws and regulations in Company’s financial dealings
• Assist to co-ordinate tax audit, transfer price audit and any other audit by the Revenue authorities
• Perform account reconciliation between books and statutory returns every month
• Ensure necessary documents are properly maintained and available for verification by Tax authorities
• Ensure EFD reports are always reconciled with the Account books
• Ensure monthly reconciliation of Company’s imports with TANSAD records
• Assists to co-ordinate with Company’s Tax consultants for regular Tax health check-ups and ensure the observations are resolved in time
• Attend and monitor all issues and communications related to e-filing system
• Any other work that may be assigned by the management
• Bachelor in Accounting/Finance/Laws/Economics
• Qualifications as an added advantage: CPA/ACCA • Professional registration: Registered with NBAA
• General work experience (years): 3 Years
• Industry: Manufacturing, Auditing, Tax consulting and any other Interpersonal Skills
• Ability to work in a team.
• Good leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to properly interpret, apply and make decisions in accordance with the relevant policies. • High integrity and judgment.
• An ability to generate trust and build alliances with co-workers.
• Ability to work well with the existing management team.
• Adept in developing and maintaining relationships with all stakeholders
• Fluent in written and spoken English, understanding of Swahili will be an added advantage