5 Boat Technician job at TRA Tanzania _June 2023
Boat Technician job at TRA Tanzania _
POSITION: BOAT TECHNICIAN II (05 POSTS) – CUSTOMS AND EXCISE DEPARTMENT
Key Responsibilities will include
- To check and maintain boat electrical and mechanical machineries to make sure they are in good working order and report any deficiency.
- To check the state of bunkers (fuel, water) and lubricants are at operational level and recorded accordingly.
- To ensure availability of consumable spares on boat.
- To assist the boat captain during mooring and unmooring of the boat.
- To conduct planning of the service and maintenance schedule (includindry docking of the boat) and machineries and participate in the repair process.
- To ensure safety of the equipment, machineries and personnel is maintained at all times.
- To maintain engine log book.
- To perform other duties assigned by the supervisor
Form IV Certificate plus Certificate of Competency (COC) Class 1+2+3. Possession of Mandatory Certificate i.e. medical care or advanced fire- fighting or survival at sea or PSSR or GMDSS or its equivalent. Training in customs procedures will be added advantage.
Salary Scale: TRAS 2:1