- To coordinate development, review and implementation of research policy, guidelines, standards and procedures.
- To supervise planning and execution of research functions.
- To supervise preparation of annual forecast of revenue collection, negotiate and agree with the Government and on the collection targets.
- To serve as the TRA link with internal and external stakeholders on matters related to research.
- To coordinate implementation of TRA’s Innovation Management Framework.
- To facilitate preparation and implementation of fiscal policy advice to the Government.
- To supervise the development and submission of proposals for tax reforms.
- To coordinate preparation of inputs for the Ministry for Finance and Planning on Parliamentary matters.
- To coordinate gathering and dissemination of statistics requirements for internal and external stakeholders including, Development partners (MDAs, EAC, SADC, DFID, IMF and World Bank).
- To coordinate participation in preparation of TRA’s Annual Reports.
- To conduct and supervise performance appraisal process within the division.
- To manage staff integrity within the division by ensuring adherence to TRA governance policies and guidelines.
- To coordinate delivery of quality services when dealing with taxpayers and other stakeholder while discharging statutory obligations.
- To oversee adherence to TRA Management Systems.
- To perform other duties assigned by supervisor.
Responsibility: Key Responsibilities will include
Master Degree or Postgraduate Diploma in one of the following fields; Economics, Public Finance, Taxation, Statistics, Operations Research or equivalent qualifications from a recognized Institution/University with Working experience of at least ten (10) years in the related field of which five (5) years must be at managerial level.
Experience : 10.0 Year(s)
Preferred Language Skill : Swahili and English
Job Opening date : 27-May-2023
Job closing date : 09-Jun-2023