KDF recruitment 2023/2024, www.mod.go.ke application form 2023, Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) has announced 2023 mass recruitment drive for various positions, inviting candidates to join as general service officer (GSO) cadets, specialist officers, general duty recruits, tradesmen/women, and constables.The recruitment process is scheduled to take place in the months of August and September 2023.
KDF recruitment requirements
To be eligible for KDF recruitment, candidates must meet certain general conditions and academic qualifications:
- Be a Kenyan citizen with no dual citizenship.
- Possess a valid Kenyan ID, with four copies of the ID and PIN certificates.
- Meet the specified age requirements, ranging from 18 to 26 years for GSO cadets, general duty recruits, and tradesmen/women with certificates/government trade test. The age limit is not above 30 years for specialist officers, Tradesmen/women with diplomas, and not above 39 years for chaplains/imaams.
- Be physically and medically fit as per KDF standards.
- Have no criminal record.
- Fulfill the minimum height and weight requirements, which vary for men and women.
- Female candidates must not be pregnant during recruitment and training.
KDF recruitment 2023/2024: Minimum Academic Qualifications
- General Service Officer (GSO) Cadets:
- Minimum mean grade of B (Plain) in KCSE with C+ in English, Mathematics, and one Science subject.
- The training period for this category will span three years, leading to a BSc degree in Military Science and Security Studies upon completion.
- General Service Officer (GSO) Cadet – Undergraduate Degree Holders:
- Must meet the same requirements as GSO Cadets above and hold an undergraduate degree from a recognized university/institution in any relevant discipline.
- The training period for this category will be eleven months.
- Specialist Officers:
- Must meet the GSO Cadet requirements, except for chaplains/imaams who must have a minimum mean grade of C+ in KCSE.
- Must hold an undergraduate degree from a recognized university/institution and be registered with a regulatory/statutory body (where applicable) in the relevant discipline.
- The training period for specialist officers will be six months.
- Servicemen/women General Duty Recruits:
- Must hold a minimum mean grade of D (Plain) in KCSE.
- Prospective candidates must satisfy specific conditions, including relevant academic qualifications and certifications.
- Eligible candidates include retired Kenya Defence Forces Service Members or retired National Youth Servicemen/women within specific age ranges and with an honorable discharge certificate.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should submit detailed CVs, including height and weight, along with clear photocopies of relevant academic certificates, professional body membership certificates, and IDs to the Assistant Chief of the Defence Forces (Personnel and Logistics) at the Ministry of Defence, Defence Headquarters, Ulinzi House, P.O. Box 40668 – 00100, Nairobi.
All interested candidates for Specialist Officers and Tradesmen/women vacancies MUST apply online, visit: https://applications.mod.go.ke to submit your application. The deadline for applications for these categories is 20th August 2023. Shortlisted candidates will be notified through the print media between 17th to 24th September 2023. NOTE: All applications will be received online.
The KDF Recruiting Teams consisting of the Kenya Army, the Kenya Air Force and the Kenya Navy will be visiting the Recruitment Centres on dates as indicated below to recruit General Service Officer (SO Cadets, General Service Officer Cadets – Graduate degree holders, General Duty Recruits and Defence Forces Constabulary:
For specialist officers and tradesmen/women, applications must reach the addressee on or before 2oth August 2023 .
Shortlisted candidates will be notified through print media between 17th to 24th September 2023.
ARNING. The Kenya Defence Forces recruitment drive is FREE TO ALL eligible candidates. Members of the public are warned against engaging in malpractices with a view to ‘influence’ the recruitment process and are encouraged to report any suspicious activities or characters to the nearest Police Station or Military Camp or call the following Hotline numbers: 0726419706/0726419709. Bribery and other acts of corruption are against the law and any one suspected of being culpable of such, will be arrested and prosecuted in a court of law. KDF recruitment is absolutely FREE TO ALL.