HIV Prevention and Treatment at THPS. Tanzania Health Promotion Support (THPS) is an indigenous NGO established under nongovernmental organization act No 24 of 2002 in 2011. THPS works in partnership with the Ministry of Health (MOH), Ministry of Community Development Gender Elderly and Special Groups; Regional Administration and Local Governments (PORALG), Ministry of Health in Zanzibar and Ministry of Home Affairs (MoHA) with a goal of ensuring accessible high-quality health care and social welfare services to all Tanzanians; through strengthening of health and community systems.
THPS therefore is seeking competent, experienced, dynamic and qualified candidates to fill the positions listed below:
- Position title : Clinical Advisor – HIV Prevention and Treatment (6 positions)
- Reports to: District Manager
- Location: Tanga (4), Pwani(l)and Shinyanga(l)
Purpose and Scope of Job:
To provide technical support to health care providers (HCPs) on the provision of high-quality person-centered, multidisciplinary family-focused HIV prevention, and treatment services at supported facilities in the Tanga, region. This entails targeted HIV testing services, optimized Provider Initiated testing and Counseling (0-PITC), same-day enrollment into antiretroviral treatment (ART) of newly identified PLHIV, effective adherence and retention strategies and minimizing interruption to treatment (IIT), TB/HIV integration, screening and management of Advanced HIV Disease (AHD), integration of Non-Communicable Disease (NCD) services into care, and ensuring viral load monitoring and maximal suppression to < 50 copies/ml. S/He will work with the PMTCT/Pediatrics field officers and community services team to ensure that HCPs, expert recipients of care (RoC)and community volunteers are well equipped with skills to appropriately manage infants, children and adolescents living with HIV according to national and international standards.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- To conduct supportive supervision, job training, continuous medical education and training to HCPs and supportive cadres on RoC-centered comprehensive TB/HIV services towards epidemic control.
- Facilitate the provision of optimized PITC, Index testing, Social network Testing (SNT), and HIV self-testing services (HIVST) at all key entry points in the health facility
- Facilitate integration between TB and HIV services including infection control within HIV
care and treatment clinics.
- Facilitate screening and management of Advanced HIV Disease (AHD) and other opportunistic infections to RoC within HIV care and treatment clinics.
- Facilitate integration between Non-communicable diseases (NCDs)(eg. HTN, Diabetes, Malnutrition etc) and HIV services within HIV care and treatment clinics.
- Support the health facilities in the provision of comprehensive friendly HIV/AIDS to children and adolescents including pediatric case identification, optimized ART initiation, TB preventive therapy, screening, and management of opportunistic infection
- Under the leadership of District Managers support HFs in the assigned districts to implement program activities that meet targets on HIV prevention, treatment, adherence and retention to ART, TB/HIV collaborative activities, HTS, PMTCT, Laboratory, CECAPand GBV/VAC.
- Support health providers and community teams to implement evidence-based innovations to retain key and vulnerable populations living with HIV identified in community settings
- Ensure RoC efficient HVL, CD4 and TB samples are transported and results documentation for proper HIV viral load monitoring.
- Facilitate pediatric optimization for pediatric clients on ART in the assigned districts.
- To ensure Ql initiatives are implemented in all supported HFs in the districts.
- Ensure that THPS-supported clinical care activities at multiple delivery sites conform to the Tanzanian national guidelines.
- Work closely with the THPS supply chain officer to ensure all HIV/AIDS supplies and commodities are available in all supported health facilities
- Ensure the availability of national HIV prevention and treatment guidelines and tools at all supported sites
- Perform any other duties as assigned by your supervisor
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send their application cover letter one page maximum and CV four pages maximum to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 16, 2023 with a subject line of ‘Position’
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates at this stage.
THPS is an equal opportunity employer; women, people living with HIV/AIDS and people living with disability are encouraged to apply.