HIV Testing, Prevention & Linkages Program Officer at THPS. Tanzania Health Promotion Support (THPS) is an indigenous NGO established under nongovernmental organization act No 24 of 2002 in 2011. THPS works in partnership with the Ministry of Health (MOH), Ministry of Community Development Gender Elderly and Special Groups; Regional Administration and Local Governments (PORALG), Ministry of Health in Zanzibar and Ministry of Home Affairs (MoHA) with a goal of ensuring accessible high-quality health care and social welfare services to all Tanzanians; through strengthening of health and community systems.
THPS therefore is seeking competent, experienced, dynamic and qualified candidates to fill the positions listed below:
- Position title: HIV Testing, Prevention & Linkages Program Officer (1 position)
- Reports to:District Manager
Purpose and Scope of Job:
S/He will serve as the program, lead for all activities related to HIV prevention & linkages including community and facility-based HIV testing in the region, linkage to ART, adherence support for clients initiated on ART and PMTCT, psychosocial support for PLHIV including adolescents and children enrolled into care. S/He implement an efficient client centered linkage system between ART facilities and community-based service delivery points. S/He will be providing technical guidance and support to the HIV Prevention & linkages Field Officers, HCPs and any sub grantees (community-based NGOs) implementing HIV Prevention & linkages for general, priority and vulnerable populations.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Support regional team to ensure that all facility and community identified PLHIV are linked to ART and other relevant services
- Oversee and provide technical support to HCPs, peer educators (PE) and other actors to implement protocols on HIV testing services, prevention & linkages.
- Develop and facilitate innovative strategies to reduce treatment interruptions among PLHIV in supported sites.
- Work with HIV prevention & linkages and Ql teams to conduct periodic assessment of HIV prevention & linkages standards of care in high volume THPS supported sites.
- Distribution of relevant job aides and materials related to HIV prevention & linkages to HCPs, community-based NGOs.
- Conduct supportive supervision and mentorship in collaboration with team members to HCPs, PEs, LCs and sub granted NGOs by applying mentorship skills and methods in order to improve quality of services.
- Review District scope of work, reports, plans and performance of the HIV prevention & linkages sub-grantees on quarterly basis.
- Maintain relationship with and support R/CHMT, and sub granted community NGOs in implementing HIV prevention & linkages activities for both facility and community settings.
- Represent THPS in the regional meetings on issues related to HIV prevention & linkages.
- Strengthen multi-sectorial collaboration with Regional and District/Council HIV and AIDS Coordinators(R/DACC/(CHACC)and other partners working in the community.
- Provide technical support in the use of national appointment and tracking systems that include mechanisms for tracking and tracing defaulters in care and treatment.
- Implement innovative approaches to improve appointment adherence, referrals and follow-up of clients in the community and tracing clients with treatment interruptions.
- Work with the clinical teams to establish viremia clinics for unsuppressed clients.
- Participate in development the R/CHMTs HIV annual work plans.
- Review and input all HIV prevention & linkages quarterly, semi – annual and annual progress report prior to submission.
- Prepare periodic technical reports, best practices and monitor progress through weekly and monthly reporting.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills Required:
- Degree in Medicine, Sociology or Nursing is mandatory.
- Candidate with
- relevant post graduate training related field e.g. Medicine, Sociology, Nursing MPH, etc. will have added advantage.
- Minimum of three years in HIV Testing, Prevention & Linkages services
- Experience in working in collaboration with local government partners (R/CHMTS) and NGOs.
- Ability to deal effectively and diplomatically with multiple government agencies, non-governmental organizations, faith-based organizations, and the private sector.
- Proven interpersonal skills in working effectively as a member of a team.
- Ability to work independently with strong problem-solving skills.
- Fluency in Swahili and English
- Computer knowledge
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send their application cover letter one page maximum and CV four pages maximum to email@example.com by August 16, 2023 with a subject line of ‘Position’
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates at this stage.
THPS is an equal opportunity employer; women, people living with HIV/AIDS and people living with disability are encouraged to apply.